What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I love my Kestrel but it's driving me BONKERS!

Gert Meyers

Postman
kestrel

Great concept, great taste but I'm plagued by recurring 'No atomiser' errors.

Obviously the circuit isn't closed when that happens.

What I've tried:

• screwing it on the mod more tightly
  • cleaning the well where the Kestrel docks on the mod
  • screwing more tightly the 'smallest screws in the Known Universe'
  • changing back to non-squonk mode
  • re-wicking (new cotton)
All to no avail. Sometimes it starts working for a few puffs, only for the error to reoccur again.

Very frustrating, sigh...

Anyone has a similar experience and perhaps a remedy?

Maybe this will work, but its a long shot -

Check the atty's 510 pin isn't tarnished.

If you've had the mod for a while the 510 spring mechanism can get a little tired, if this happens sometimes the 510 remains stuck at the bottom of its travel and attys either don't make a connection or only connect intermittently. If it is stuck - remove the 510 and push the pin back into position, if you cannot access the 510 use a thin screwdriver to pry the pin back up - make sure the mod has the batteries removed, and go easy - don't use force, just rotate the mod and try prying from different sides of the pin and it should return.

Maybe this will work, but its a long shot -

Check the atty's 510 pin isn't tarnished.

If you've had the mod for a while the 510 spring mechanism can get a little tired, if this happens sometimes the 510 remains stuck at the bottom of its travel and attys either don't make a connection or only connect intermittently. If it is stuck - remove the 510 and push the pin back into position, if you cannot access the 510 use a thin screwdriver to pry the pin back up - make sure the mod has the batteries removed, and go easy - don't use force, just rotate the mod and try prying from different sides of the pin and it should return.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the pin with a hard, non-conducting object (a plastic ball point pen) and it's fine. As is evidenced that at least three other tanks (including 1 squonker) work well w/o any problems with it.

I guess I'm gonna have to get a new Kestrel (and keep this one for spares), unless someone else here know the solution?

Best.

In the end I did an uber-reset: took the whole thing apart, rinsed everything with warm water, then dried it all on a hot radiator.

Then I put Humpty-Dumpty back together again and it seems to have done the trick.

So maybe it was some sneaky eliquid infiltration somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom