What's new

Flavor issues - help!

TMQ

Hi! I've been vaping for a couple years but I don't know very much about the technical side of it.

I've recently purchased a Vaporesso Swag PX80. It's a great device in many ways, but I've found that I can't really taste the flavor of my eliquid when I'm using it. I've tried both the 0.2 and 0.3 GTX coils at different wattages, but can't tell much difference. In contrast, I can taste the flavor of the same liquid very well when I use my Vaporesso Sky Solo.

Any idea what might be happening, or what else I could try? I'm currently using Bloom liquids as I tend to like more natural-tasting flavors. I've also had vaper's tongue before, but I don't think that's what this is as I can taste it on other devices.

I would love this device to work - it seems like others have had great experiences with it! Otherwise, I might just go back to the trusty Sky Solo.

Not sure how the swag works but have you checked that your wattage is set to the range noted for the coil?

might be that you need to turn it up to get the coil running in it’s sweet spot

Thanks, yes I have. The PX80 even tells you what the optimal range is on the screen - would it be worth trying it above that to see what happens?

Possibly worth a shot the advice is only there for guidance i wouldnt go loads above it and be aware it might run your coil out quicker

Thanks - that does seem to help a bit! Though I'm still unsure what the difference between the Sky Solo and Swag PX80 is that would affect the taste so much for me. All the reviews seem to be raving about the flavor with the PX80. With the Sky Solo, it didn't even matter which of the compatible coils I used - it was just always really solid and flavorful.

How is your airflow. Don’t have the device but if your airflow is wide open that will mute the flavour. I always have my airflow at least half closed.

Hi @TMQ and welcome to the planet.

ive not got this kit but it seems strange that the other kit tastes great while this one is mutted especially with the gtx coils which i use in my pm80.
im actually using at least half the recommended wattage on the 0.2, 0.3 coils as too hot otherwise.
only other thing i can think of is the single 18650 battery. which make and mah are you using as there are some out there that are no good for vaping and weve seen others in the past using a 4000mah torch battery.

Ok! Turning the wattage down to about half the recommended level helps a lot! Thanks so much.

The battery is efest 3000 mah.

Only thing i can add is that I've had some duff vaperesso gtx coils lately,muted the flavour a bit and one or two coils didnt work at all!

Back
Top Bottom