What's new

First squonk setup with Pulse 24 and Hcigar Aurora setup- questions.

Hi there,

I’ve had a Pulse 24 RDA and Hcgar Aurora Mod sitting around for a few months, and have decided to take the plunge. I’m not 100% clear on a couple of things though.

Regarding the Pulse 24, I’ve read that the bottom feed pin comes preinstalled, so all I have to do is remove the 510 pin at the bottom and plug it on top of the Hcigar?

Also in the spare parts, there appears to be another squonk pin, though this appears different from the actual pin which is already inside. I also can’t find a way to actually remove the squonk pin inside the Pulse 24, so am confused at what the second pin is for, or why its different to the one that’s already inside assuming it’s a spare?

Mkt0zwT

I’m holding the second pin here.

H7qnJ6V

The Hcigar
HY7srsW

Secondly the Hcigar Aurora appears to be a regulated sqounker. I was actually expecting it to house its own battery, not an external one, though I have 3 batteries I can put inside it. So this is essentially like a mod box with safety circuits/controls in it except you have to insert an external battery in, for some reason I assumed only Mech mods you put an external battery in though guess I was wrong?

Hiya :), as the Bottom Feed pin is already installed and you're using it on a Squonk you don't want to remove it (bottom feed = juice fed from the bottom) a BF pin has a hole in it to allow juice to be fed into the RDA. The spare pin will be a normal solid 510 to use on non-squonk mods so you can drip with it and not have juice pour out of the 510, if you ever want to swap out the pins it's usually done using an Allen key.
No idea where you got the idea that only mechs have removable batteries, there's literally hundreds of regulated mods that have removable batteries.
Might be worth sticking a post in the general section if you have any other problems mate, gets a bit more traffic than here. :) Let us know how you get on.

Like oORobOo said = the Pulse comes equipped with 2 510 pins - 1 with a hole drilled through it for squonking, and a solid pin with no hole through it so you can use it on a non-squonk mod and drip the juice. Hold the pin up to the light and look through the bottom to figure out which is which as they both look similar.

I recommend you use a 21700 battery in the mod if you use the pulse with 2 coils, you can fit a single coil and use lower power settings if you decide to run it with an 18650 - but if you're running the Pulse in dual coil mode with an 18650 fitted you will probably have to have several spare 18650s to get you through the day. The battery bay says 18650, but if you pull of the back door there is a slide out section in the battery bay that allows you to fit larger 20/21700 batteries that will give better performance and run time.

Back
Top Bottom