What's new

How to disassemble epetite?

MHL

Veteran
I want to give my epetite a paint job or a stripping down.

To this end I decided to remeove the guts, so I don't damage the buttons or electronics. I've removed the doors and the initial plate covering the innards, but now I'm stuck.

The display component wiggles around a bit, but seems to be attached about half way down and I don't want to just rip it out.

I know a few of you have done the epetite before, so hoping to get a bit of advice. Is there a good way to dismantle it or is it just a case of ripping it out and gluing/ fixing it all back in again?

20210415_002405.jpg

20210415_002506.jpg

20210415_002536.jpg

Have you tried taking the screws out of the 510?
Yea could try that.

I didn't actually try it but it didn't seem to be fixed there particularly, more so where the adjustment buttons were.

Looks like the battery contacts can be slided out, this might help loosen up the board but there might be screws under the lcd, never had this one in sevice

Looks like the battery contacts can be slided out, this might help loosen up the board but there might be screws under the lcd, never had this one in sevice
They seemed wedged in pretty solid, maybe I need to be a bit more forceful.

Ta, that's and the 510 have given me a couple of things to try.

What I'm scared of is loosening the board / screen, that may have been glued into place, or held by a thin bit of (now broken) plastic and I can't get it lined up properly again.

This kind of lacquer? did you forget to add a link?

I've had good results with enamel paint and 'plasticote' of various types. (on metal)

.. or you could spray it with metallic silver smooth hammerite, that's tough as old boots and would look pretty nice imo.

Back
Top Bottom