Vape Superstore
What's new

Samsung 30T vs Molicel P42A

I had a feeling that's what you were going to say. Please understand that massive global companies like Samsung consist of dozens of divisions which operate with practical autonomy from one another.

Samsung's battery division has a stellar reputation among those who are most qualified to know and have the most to gain or lose by their purchases from them. They produce and sell hundreds of millions of batteries a year. Even if every other product under the Samsung label utterly sucked, that would not change the magnificent performance of their battery division.

Additionally, Mooch, our patron battery saint and true expert (though he says no in typical self deprecating fashion) has been testing and enthusiastically recommending various Samsung batteries for at least 5 years. No offense intended, but I'll take his word over yours :)
You are correct indeed about the sub divisions and that also applies to electrical device's like tv's and they make no secret about a dual approach (like LG, bosch ect).
A cheaper line with a short expected life span with as many recyclable parts as possible for those more likely to be looking to buy the next gimmick within a few years and a higher end long life and obviously pricier line aimed at long life and on going quality.
As for phone's, nearly all manufacturers produce with a maximum three year life span plan due to the nature of sales and development.I
Such is the world these day's. Once you get to my age you learn to pay the extra few hundred quid up front when at all possible for that longer life and guarantee. My last lg washing machine lasted 15years without issue and I only replaced it for aesthetics (The cat kept scratching the front jumping up on the work surface) and I replaced it with the same model.

Vape Club
Samsung 25r is one of the original 18650 batteries we all relied on 5 or more years ago due to there 20amp rating same as the now discontinued LG HE4, i have just recently recycled about 12 LG HE4's. My rules are if Fogstar or 18650 sell them for vaping they are safe. They also both sell torch batteries (18650) which are low amp so not for sub ohm vaping. You also have 18350's which you only use in MTL mechs etc. 26650's and 2*700' capable of higher amps and Mah. Oh just do not buy a battery with fire in its name example trustfire, cos trust me there will be a fire.
Edit the reason the 30t hits harder than the molicell is 30t is 35 amps 3000mah the Molicell 42A is 30amps and 4200 mah. the 40t is 3950 mah but only 25 amps Thus the molicell is better for regulated mods as far as longevity goes. with a mech the 30t gives an extra 5amps at a full charge but loses on mah for mechs the amps is important.

Last edited:
AcmeFog
If you have a regulated mod that will use batteries down to a lower voltage then 2 Samsung 20s batteries are the best choice. ex. Ohm Boy Rage + 2 Samsung 20s batteries.

Molicel is a Canadian owned company that originally just made batteries for flash lights. Samsung has batteries in pretty much every type of electronic there is. They do not approve vaping because these batteries were never intended to be used outside of permanently closed electronics. ex. vacuum, car, devices with displays, hybrid vehicles. Everyone has either Samsung or LG batteries throughout their household they will never see.

Molicel has some good batteries. They used to supply companies like Ijoy early on in their venture into the vape world. But Samsung has a far more reliable history.

If you have a regulated mod that will use batteries down to a lower voltage then 2 Samsung 20s batteries are the best choice. ex. Ohm Boy Rage + 2 Samsung 20s batteries.

Molicel is a Canadian owned company that originally just made batteries for flash lights. Samsung has batteries in pretty much every type of electronic there is. They do not approve vaping because these batteries were never intended to be used outside of permanently closed electronics. ex. vacuum, car, devices with displays, hybrid vehicles. Everyone has either Samsung or LG batteries throughout their household they will never see.

Molicel has some good batteries. They used to supply companies like Ijoy early on in their venture into the vape world. But Samsung has a far more reliable history.
Where to start on this , 20s probably wouldn't be the choice for that device

As far as I know molicel, is a Taiwanese company, e one Moli energy corporation, distributed and marketed by n power energy, who have headquarters in Hong Kong, they definitely do approve of their cells being used in vape devices

Premier Ecigs

Molicell have a head office in canada, but are definately a Taiwanese company
Screenshot.png

Where to start on this , 20s probably wouldn't be the choice for that device

As far as I know molicel, is a Taiwanese company, e one Moli energy corporation, distributed and marketed by n power energy, who have headquarters in Hong Kong, they definitely do approve of their cells being used in vape devices
You could add to that and say the thread is a year old and was posted in the mechs section of the forum.

Vape Green
I don't go below 0.15 ohms on 21700 mechs but use 30Ts because of the extra headroom offered by the 35 Amp rating. With my builds I would be well within the 30 Amp Molicel limit and wouldn't be pushing them too hard but I just feel more comfortable with the higher amp rated batteries.

As my mechs stay at home the lower capacity of 30Ts isn't an issue as I've always got a battery charger at hand.

For 18650s I always buy Molicel P26A, I find them very similar in performance to VTC5As, but I've found VTC5A wraps split really easily = the Molicel wraps seem a little thicker and so far I've never torn one.

Back
Top Bottom