What's new

20700 batteries seem weak

Just ordered both, thanks so much for your help!! I found them on amazon also! Delivered tomorrow!!

Hello Tina, welcome to the forum.
I have the Smok Mag 270 with the Baby V2 tank. The Mag 270 is semi regulated, it has no wattage adjustment. Its limited to a maximum wattage of 70W.
The Baby V2 is a great tank as are both the S1 and S2 coils.
Because the mod fires like a mech mod, it does vape depending on the coil ur using and the charge on the battery.
In my experience, the battery does drain pretty quickly because of the high wattage its firing at. I have the ijoy battery and it lasts around 5hrs before needing charging. Molicel and Ssmung 21700 last a bit longer.
I prefer using the S2 coil and do get a good 2weeks out of it before it degrades.
Using the tank on a variable wattage mod at a lover wattage does improve the coil life. I run my baby V2 tank with the S2 coil on other mods at around 30W and the coils last ages.
While the Mag 270 is a good mod, it is limited by having no wattage adjustment so not ideal if you want to fine tune your vape. The Baby V2 tank and both the coils are very good, one of the best Smok make.
I wonder if your juice is causing the issue with your coils. Have you tried changing flavours to see if that helps.
Both the coils you mention are compatible with the tank and the mod. You will find that some coils will take a tank full of juice before they bed in and reach their normal potential. @Vapaneezer Scrooge replies are spot on and should sort you out.
Having read thru your other replies it seems you've sorted out your problem which is good.
Your ijoy battery is lower capacity that a molicel or Samsung so if you get one of those it will last you a bit longer between charges.

Both the coils you mention are compatible with the tank and the mod. You will find that some coils will take a tank full of juice before they bed in and reach their normal potential. @Vapaneezer Scrooge replies are spot on and should sort you out.
Having read thru your other replies it seems you've sorted out your problem which is good.
Your ijoy battery is lower capacity that a molicel or Samsung so if you get one of those it will last you a bit longer between charges.
Yeah so I thought I’d fixed the problem, I stripped it all out and put it back together finally getting full power again! Then recently I had to change the battery, it’s full but seems to be weak and taking time to fire up, now I’m unsure if the coil is faulty and the connection isn’t great or not..... either way it’s driving me mad. It just seems laggy like it’s not getting the power it normally does. Definitely a strange one.

No there’s nothing on there other than the actual make/model! Thank you I’ll buy the s2 coils and see if I can find the bubble glass for it! Also the batteries (to be fair I get around 5/6 hrs from the 20700) I think hubby done something wrong on changing the coil as I took it apart this morning and it’s all working fine now power wise!!
My only concern is the coils burning out quickly, maybe I’m using it too much I don’t know.

Thank so much again.
Glad you've sorted it out Tina. From your messages you are certainly priming the coil right. Unlike other mods where you can bed a new coil in by slowly increasing your wattage between draws till you reach your desired wattage, you cant do that within this mod.
My only other suggestion is to take a few draws every now and again without pressing the fire button. This will pull liquid thru and keep the wick saturated.
Another way is to release the fire button but still draw for a second, this will again pull juice into the wick for the next time you vape.

The reason I think it’s the coil is because the same is happening with my hubby’s 18650 batteries or whatever they are, the same weakness and I know the batteries are all full.

Yeah so I thought I’d fixed the problem, I stripped it all out and put it back together finally getting full power again! Then recently I had to change the battery, it’s full but seems to be weak and taking time to fire up, now I’m unsure if the coil is faulty and the connection isn’t great or not..... either way it’s driving me mad. It just seems laggy like it’s not getting the power it normally does. Definitely a strange one.
Oh no. It could be the battery + and - end are a bit dirty and/or possibly the battery contacts in the mod. Try giving them a little clean with a cotton but and a bit of alcohol, that might resolve it.

Oh no. It could be the battery + and - end are a bit dirty and/or possibly the battery contacts in the mod. Try giving them a little clean with a cotton but and a bit of alcohol, that might resolve it.
Thanks I’ll give that a try, just a bit strange how I got it fixed and now it’s gone away back again.

Thanks I’ll give that a try, just a bit strange how I got it fixed and now it’s gone away back again.
That's what made me wonder if it was dirty battery terminals.
My geekvape mod is very temperamental, unless the batteries are very clean it wont fire up.

Back
Top Bottom