What's new

Selling/Trading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate it's all over the place. Now myself i sometimes buy stuff and sell it without opening it, the reason is to help others who may not have funds when a promo is on or a good deal. I recently sold a Spruzza for what i payed for it to another ape is one example. I have a ss Aromamizer supreme somewhere unopened as i ordered 2 because the price.
Selling review items is a mixed bag, one side could say you got it free so you can't sell it. Now if the reviewer does sell, it is their choice, why?. because they spent enough time doing the review to have earned the item it should be upto the reviewer what they do after.
What does boil my urine is ebayers buying stuff from China and sticking it on fleabay for 3 or 4 times what they payed.
One thing that has caused things to change on here is facebook groups closing, We then get some of the riff raff come here as well as some decent new folks.
One thing no one thinks about is other members mental health, I have been having a rough time of late with my mental health and through the forum i have realised just how bad things can affect someone who isn't doing to well. Posts that put others down in any way whether the persons wrong or right can affect folks. Condemnation is also another negative that may affect people, we are all different folks with differences in life so i don't think everything can apply to everyone of us in the same way. I find the best thing to do is ignore what others do as it is none of my business. Also we all sit at home online, now i feel if more folks where to meet up (not that they can) i think many folks would have a different perception of others than they have without knowing someone properly. Forum rules on selling have become contradictive, now bac's are allowed as payment which gives you no cover at all. With the thought of @Simong's post it's only a matter of time before someone gets robbed with Bacs. Anything i have to sell will now go on ebay.
I have been done myself on here thinking about it, i sent a ps4 to another Ape to fix the roller in the disc compartment. Said member hasn't been on here for months so i am a ps4 down,

a lot of valid points, thanks for replying.

I have to be honest, I've done a trade with something I won in a comp.. I told the person 'I have this too but I won it, so I didn't pay for it' and they said 'That's fine, I'm happy to trade for that' ... In my mind that's fine, they got something they really wanted and they got a really good trade, value wise. ... and they knew exactly what the score was. Technically frowned upon, but both parties agreed and were happy with the deal. so........?

Interesting thread and indeed needed

I do loads of giveaways on here and all mostly items i reviewed & occasionally what i have purchased myself specially when I first started out.
I have never and will never sell a free review item, for me its not right and doesn't sit well with my moral compass. Doing a trade well i think if your honest and both members are good with it then do what u want

I have sold maybe 3 or 4 things but i generally sold for the same or less than i paid and have only in the last few months been charging postage for giveaways! Used to pay for it all myself

When i started out on here i was treated so well, i bought some stuff and had some giveaways from some great members so i always have tried to pay it forward.

I would not be happy if i do a giveaway and then someone sells it on, not because they are making money from something but it just doesn't feel right to do it so i would be disappointed. I do giveaways to help others out and declutter lol

Shame that there are always 1 or 2 that take advantage. I haven't been aware of it myself though but who knows what people do with what they have won!

I love the forum and i hope we can all continue to help each other out as we have been doing

Dee

Heh, i made a new years resolution to stop entering giveaways unless it was something special.

I feel like i fleeced the forum last year with the vendor giveaways.

If you don't win it someone else will... and chances are that someone else won't be any more 'deserving' than you! Have you seen how few people enter giveaways these days? ... because everyone is so bloody scared to put their name down in case they get called out. ... it's not right mate.

a lot of valid points, thanks for replying.

I have to be honest, I've done a trade with something I won in a comp.. I told the person 'I have this too but I won it, so I didn't pay for it' and they said 'That's fine, I'm happy to trade for that' ... In my mind that's fine, they got something they really wanted and they got a really good trade, value wise. ... and they knew exactly what the score was. Technically frowned upon, but both parties agreed and were happy with the deal. so........?
Trading...eh. selling...no

Heh, i made a new years resolution to stop entering giveaways unless it was something special.

I feel like i fleeced the forum last year with the vendor giveaways.
Never feel guilty love, u contribute on the forum by helping and advising so u are part of it.

Please never feel like that with my giveaways, not that u probably want my silly pods LOL :10: i do occasionally have some corkers though

If you don't win it someone else will... and chances are that someone else won't be any more 'deserving' than you! Have you seen how few people enter giveaways these days? ... because everyone is so bloody scared to put their name down in case they get called out. ... it's not right mate.
100% agree Si.

I only enter vendor giveaways anyway, cause of ahipping, so i call my self out before anyone else does.

Yeah, i have a gambling prob when it comes to raffles, especially free ones, deal with it, lol

Never feel guilty love, u contribute on the forum by helping and advising so u are part of it.

Please never feel like that with my giveaways, not that u probably want my silly pods LOL :10: i do occasionally have some corkers though
Lol, i can buy them cheaper then it cost to ship them here :-)

I just want yer reviews

I only enter vendor giveaways anyway, cause of ahipping, so i call my self out before anyone else does.

Yeah, i have a gambling prob when it comes to raffles, especially free ones, deal with it, lol

Oh of course I forget you are so far away!

We are all addicted to something haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom