What's new

Ether RTA

Had mine a few days now, honest opinion, it's a bit weak for MTL, gonna spin up a clapton later and pop out the airflow to see how it is for RDL, might be better that way but for now I honestly couldn't recommend it for MTL.

Since Suicide mods are selling the Ether for £20 on their website, I might pick it up. It seems people either love or hate this rta after doing a bit of online research. This is often the problem with rta's that try to do mtl and dtl. They usually end up lacklustre in either one or both departments. The only rta I've got that's great at both is my pioneer with the dtl chimney conversion kit.

Last edited:
I can see this is gonna need a bit of experimenting, 3mm clapton, plenty clouds but f*ck-all flavour.

Well, improving, lifted the coil so the underside is level with the top of the screws, was scared it was gonna short, but no... hello flavour, just need to thin out the wick on the next refill cos it's verging on dry hits.

I can see this is gonna need a bit of experimenting, 3mm clapton, plenty clouds but f*ck-all flavour.
Maybe that’s the problem?

I’m doing simple 2.5mm coils with spaced wraps, coming in at between 1.2 and 1.5 ohm, and pumping 8-9W into it. And it’s blinding.

I don’t understand claptons and the like at the best of time, I really don’t understand using funky coils for MTL.

Well mine arrived today, and whilst it looks gorgeous and the build quality is fantastic, I'm not impressed with the performance.

I'm running it in rdtl mode (it's very restrictive) with a 0.45 ohm 2.5mm clapton at 37w. Barely any flavour and the 70/30 juice I'm using is way too thick for it. I keep ending up with a massive row of trapped bubbles along the wicking ports at the bottom. I bought the glass extension pack too, and that's what I'm using, but it's no thicker than the glass that comes with the rta.

Well mine arrived today, and whilst it looks gorgeous and the build quality is fantastic, I'm not impressed with the performance.

I'm running it in rdtl mode (it's very restrictive) with a 0.45 ohm 2.5mm clapton at 37w. Barely any flavour and the 70/30 juice I'm using is way too thick for it. I keep ending up with a massive row of trapped bubbles along the wicking ports at the bottom. I bought the glass extension pack too, and that's what I'm using, but it's no thicker than the glass that comes with the rta.
Glass - the pack gives you more capacity if you fit the chimney extension

Bubbles - yes, but try tilting the atty as you vape

RDTL - that really isn't its job, it's primarily a loose to tight MTL, but I'm stunned you can't get flavour. Running mine with a simple 2.5mm 1.4ohm Kanthal coil and 12.5W on the tightest draw and it sings.

Bubbles - yes, but try tilting the atty as you vape
I've tried tilting it, and flicking the glass. It's just too thick. I really shouldn't have to do that anyway. It should be able to easily handle 70VG juice. Every other rta I've got can.

I've tried tilting it, and flicking the glass. It's just too thick. I really shouldn't have to do that anyway. It should be able to easily handle 70VG juice. Every other rta I've got can.

The bubbles shouldn't be stopping it wicking. But, as I say, I think you may be doing a Jai Haze when you should be doing a Todd ;)

The bubbles shouldn't be stopping it wicking. But, as I say, I think you may be doing a Jai Haze when you should be doing a Todd ;)
Lol, no. It's a pretty small 2.5mm clapton, not a beefy monstrosity. I've lifted the coil up a bit and put some 60/40 juice in it. The bubbles are freeing themselves and traveling to the surface now after a while. Still not getting much flavour though.

I think I'll try a different coil and see what it's like at mtl. Might give it a clean too, just incase it had a bit of machine oil hidden in the nooks and crannies.

Back
Top Bottom