What's new

The New Abyss AIO from Suicide mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So evolution didn't send an email back as such, but a package from them has been sent out which I presume will be spare glass.. either that or one of these :wanker:

Either way the Ether is here and I should also have spare glass and another abyss arriving tomorrow.

2021-02-23 21.07.44.jpg

So my spare glass arrived from Evolution today (much appreciated) and the other Abyss.
Only had GTX 0.2ohm coils to hand so popped in the bridge for those, running at 40w full airflow giving me a very flavourful, restricted but not overly restricted DTL. 70/30 liquid and wicking well. Not a massive fan of the GTX coils though as they have had a tendency to be a bit gurgley with me previously and can't let them sit unused for fear of leakage.
More open than using a BB with them and smoother airflow with that too though.

Ether bridge coiled up with a 3mm, 7 wrap NI80 roundwire coil, coming in at 0.77 ohm. 50/50 DIY Soho mix, muji cotton. 1mm airflow insert, airflow half open.
Draw is a proper mtl tightness. I run the same coil in my Artemis with a 1.2mm insert and this is noticeably tighter than that. Decent throat hit but will play around with coil height and length of cotton as flavour is a touch muted in comparison to the Artemis. Probably needs a touch less cotton and a little raise on the coil. All in all though, wicking well and running nicely.

Content with the outcome so far, just need to have a little tinker and become more accustomed to them but so far seem a little less faffing than a boro tank and smoother airflow than the BB.

View attachment 240589

So my spare glass arrived from Evolution today (much appreciated) and the other Abyss.
Only had GTX 0.2ohm coils to hand so popped in the bridge for those, running at 40w full airflow giving me a very flavourful, restricted but not overly restricted DTL. 70/30 liquid and wicking well. Not a massive fan of the GTX coils though as they have had a tendency to be a bit gurgley with me previously and can't let them sit unused for fear of leakage.
More open than using a BB with them and smoother airflow with that too though.

Ether bridge coiled up with a 3mm, 7 wrap NI80 roundwire coil, coming in at 0.77 ohm. 50/50 DIY Soho mix, muji cotton. 1mm airflow insert, airflow half open.
Draw is a proper mtl tightness. I run the same coil in my Artemis with a 1.2mm insert and this is noticeably tighter than that. Decent throat hit but will play around with coil height and length of cotton as flavour is a touch muted in comparison to the Artemis. Probably needs a touch less cotton and a little raise on the coil. All in all though, wicking well and running nicely.

Content with the outcome so far, just need to have a little tinker and become more accustomed to them but so far seem a little less faffing than a boro tank and smoother airflow than the BB.

Airflow sounds promising for MTL. Thanks.

Airflow sounds promising for MTL. Thanks.
I reckon the airflow is going to depend mostly on which bridge you're using in it and the airflow inserts you're using. The airflow comes in the front and goes up through the 510 so you're only limiting that so much, the rest is going to be dependant on what you're allowing up through into the coil and out of the chimney. For me at least, it's just smoother than the three holes on a BB.

Can't wait to get one of these in my mitts, but being realistic, I'd better get two.....knowing how herself snaffles gear when I'm not looking!! :2thumbsup:

Doubt I can secure one and get it here before she is returned to me though :(

Thanks @brightonvaper that’s a very helpful review. If the airflow is smoother than with the Billet Box getting one of these is a no brainer. I don’t suppose you’ve tried any other billet box bridges in it yet have you?

I know of two people whom are working their was through just about every combination except (obviously) for the Vapesnail. Thus far there appear to be two firm favourites, The Bridg'd and the Exocet V1.
Strange though, most die hard rebuilders are seemingly very taken with Ready Mades in this device?
We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom