What's new

Vapefly and voopoo going on a legal battle

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Just seen a picture about vapefly taking legal proceedings against voopoo for there so claimed new technology in the coils of the drag 3

Screenshot_20210221-120501_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm no expert on patents but trying to patent "3 pins or more" meaning no other coil maker can make a mesh coil with anything but two pins sounds a bit silly to me. If you've made a 3 pin coil and it's a unique idea and nobody else ever has and you can patent it - have at it. But 3 pins *or more* doesn't sound right to my ears. They haven't made more than 3 so why should they own that idea purely off the back of making a 3 pin coil?

Be interested to see how this plays out.

Would be surprised if anything came of it, but will watch with interest.

when i first read this thread i had check the date just to make sure it was not the 1st of april ;) & tbh i dont think vapefly have got a chance & find the whole thing kind of ironic given what china think of copy rights lol.

What is the third pin for anyway? Just another contact point?

When the coil is wound circular it acts as 2 mesh pieces, so the middle leg is positive and the 2 outer legs and are negative

Thats what i thought.

And yeah, all u gotta do is split the middle tab down the middle and it becomes a 4 post coil

Last edited:
I’m suing Vapefly and Voopoo for stealing my invention of the cotton wick

Back
Top Bottom