What's new

iJoy Avenger, can't update firmware....

slowbo

Postman
Good afternoon Apes...

I have an issue with a brand new Avenger 270 Mod.

I've gone to update the firmware and keep getting an error message....

I've downloaded the Zip file, extracted the update EXE and the Bin file.

I've then opened the updater and connected the Mod, connection status is:- IJOY devices connected.
I then choose the Bin file for the avenger and click update and I get another box pop up with this in it:-

IJOY Update V2.0

File size > Flash size

I click OK and it takes me back out..... Won't actually start the update...

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Maybe it already has the correct firmware, how would I check?

All help appreciated!!

Regards.

my moto is if it works then dont bother trying to fix it (especially smok) as updates can sometimes brick a mod.

top of my head i think i read you need to remove batteries and hold fire button in.
26 mods and ive never updated one and they are all working perfectly.

my moto is if it works then dont bother trying to fix it (especially smok) as updates can sometimes brick a mod.

top of my head i think i read you need to remove batteries and hold fire button in.
26 mods and ive never updated one and they are all working perfectly.
I agree if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it... unless of course u need an updated function

Do you have a firewall on your PC? If so turn it off.

I had the exact same issue and turning off the firewall sorted it first time.

Hey all... Thanks for all comments.... I noticed that it's currently running 1.7, not 1.72... but as stated above I can't be bothered to update.. .It all works fine at the moment... Why mess with that eh?!

You just need to run updater in Windows 7 compatible mode

https://www.ijoycig.com/faq/detail_505.html

I realize this post is nearly a year old but I had the same issue and realized that it said on the IJoy page that all updates were intended for windows 7, why? *shrug*
However using the compatibility trouble shooter and telling it to run the program in a windows 7 format worked like a charm. I just made an account to say thank you to Summer_Sonne
for helping confirm my suspicions.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but you don't happen to still have the firmware do you? I tried to find it on the ijoy website but cant find it. I need to update mine because it switches on when I put the batteries in but I cant use it or get into the settings or turn it back off again, Thanks in advance.

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but you don't happen to still have the firmware do you? I tried to find it on the ijoy website but cant find it. I need to update mine because it switches on when I put the batteries in but I cant use it or get into the settings or turn it back off again, Thanks in advance.
Hopefully someone here will still have it but if not then shoot ijoy an email and ask them for it. [email protected]

Welcome to the forum @amanda79

Back
Top Bottom