What's new

Anyone using 20awg flapton?

at the time I was looking to get the 19awg so that I could put an unspaced coil in the temple RDA but in the end I just settled on having a spaced coil.
Yeah, but what is your target ohms reading & why?
Just out of interest

0.12ish, I like a warm vape which doesn’t take an age to ramp up.
Exactly where I vape. I only build to .12ohm. 6 wraps dual core 24g 38g outer. Ramp up & cool quickly, lovely flavour, & great cloud production.
Can you not just "dog leg" the legs slightly if you'd rather not go spaced?

Exactly where I vape. I only build to .12ohm. 6 wraps dual core 24g 38g outer. Ramp up & cool quickly, lovely flavour, & great cloud production.
Can you not just "dog leg" the legs slightly if you'd rather not go spaced?

with normal wire yeah but I was quite enjoying using the flapton at the time. Ultimately ended up with a couple of aliens in there with a bit of spacing and a bit of a dogleg.

with normal wire yeah but I was quite enjoying using the flapton at the time. Ultimately ended up with a couple of aliens in there with a bit of spacing and a bit of a dogleg.
I guess if you're into flat wires that's best for you then.
I made some of my usual dual core Ni80 claptons yesterday, then wrapped a single core 24g between the spaced clapton.
Dual coil coming out at .11 obviously a slightly wider coil, and it was awesome.

I went down the flatwire route a couple of years ago, but where I am now, guess it suits my style just fine.

Hope you get to where you wanna be.

I guess if you're into flat wires that's best for you then.
I made some of my usual dual core Ni80 claptons yesterday, then wrapped a single core 24g between the spaced clapton.
Dual coil coming out at .11 obviously a slightly wider coil, and it was awesome.

I went down the flatwire route a couple of years ago, but where I am now, guess it suits my style just fine.

Hope you get to where you wanna be.

i hadn’t tried it until recently and picked some up that was on offer. The claptoned flatwire is better for flavour than the plain flat wire although that gives a nice smooth vape with no popping. I’m not married to it and I’m looking to pick up some multi core Clapton wire at some point to compare against.

i hadn’t tried it until recently and picked some up that was on offer. The claptoned flatwire is better for flavour than the plain flat wire although that gives a nice smooth vape with no popping. I’m not married to it and I’m looking to pick up some multi core Clapton wire at some point to compare against.
That's what it's all about mate, trying many different wires, coil builds, etc until you find the one that suit you best.
I did exactly that for about a year or so. Kept thinking it was there, but not quite!

I've finally found, what I think, is the sweet spot for me.
My mechs all fire, more or less instantaneous, I get the best flavour I've ever had, and it's by far, the most economical way of getting MY "perfect coil set-up"
I only use SS flat wire, 22g, for "replay" mode on my Paranormal.
I didn't get on with the flapton wire, I found I was re wicking so often, my cotton was going black & tasted shit. Maybe it's a personal preference thing.

I threw about 15 reels of various wire, in the bin about a year ago, I think I've found my perfect set up for my mechs now.

I make coils for a pal, who used to pay crazy money for Maidstone coils.
He sent me a pair once, to try, think he said they were £12.00 a pair!?
Never saw a major difference in them, especially at that price.
Think mine work out about 18p each to make, plus my time, so I'll not be wasting money on fancy coils any more, leaves more dosh to spend on shiny stuff that I don't really need!!
Good luck with your search.
Keep me posted!

Have a great day mate.

It's an off-shoot of Modmaker that Ric created a couple of years ago! Decent Wire! :)
They appear to be the only ones who stock it so that makes sense. Do you know if it’s sandvik/U.K./US steel or Chinese? The site doesn’t mention origin which can imply generic Far Eastern manufacture.

They appear to be the only ones who stock it so that makes sense. Do you know if it’s sandvik/U.K./US steel or Chinese? The site doesn’t mention origin which can imply generic Far Eastern manufacture.
I don't I'm afraid mate! Drop them an Email and I'm sure they'll be able to advise! :)

Back
Top Bottom