What's new

Threads seperating from base

Jd_

Achiever
I have this cascade baby tank, and the outside threading on the bottom section is seperating from the base. (Probably from a drop)

I assume its a press-in piece, so im considering trying to use a pliers or something to squeeve it back in, but im not sure if that would just make it any looser now.

Any opinions or suggestions?

20210214_172948.jpg
20210214_171555.jpg

20210214_173046.jpg
20210214_172948.jpg
20210214_171555.jpg

I have this cascade baby tank, and the outside threading on the bottom section is seperating from the base. (Probably from a drop)

I assume its a press-in piece, so im considering trying to use a pliers or something to squeeve it back in, but im not sure if that would just make it any looser now.

Any opinions or suggestions?

View attachment 240146 View attachment 240147
View attachment 240148 View attachment 240146 View attachment 240147
Fairly sure the vaporesso cascade is reverse threaded so try screwing it opposite way to what your currently doing, fairly sure most of the tank assembly is reverse threaded

Fairly sure the vaporesso cascade is reverse threaded so try screwing it opposite way to what your currently doing, fairly sure most of the tank assembly is reverse threaded
Yeah man, i know. Its not that, but thank u.

If u look close u can see the whole thread assembly, gasket, etc, pulling out on one side, doesnt leak tho, because the gaket is on the thread ring rather than the tank.

Yeah man, i know. Its not that, but thank u.

If u look close u can see the whole thread assembly, gasket, etc, pulling out on one side, doesnt leak tho, because the gaket is on the thread ring rather than the tank.
Yeah can see it on the photos now, yeah I'd say give it a try with the pliers, might just pop back into place, that or it breaks more and makes it unusable, its not leaking so depends if it bothers you or not really

Yeah can see it on the photos now, yeah I'd say give it a try with the pliers, might just pop back into place, that or it breaks more and makes it unusable, its not leaking so depends if it bothers you or not really
Lol, yeah, potentially breaking is one worries. Dropping it again and it popping apart if i do nothing is another worry.

mmm
I would throw it away with all its worries.
I have a Cascade Baby SE that only used for a few tanks. It's not the best Vaporesso have ever made, of course.
Too many parts and absurd threading system.
It does the job but you can find compatible tanks much better than that.
My 2 cents.

Nah, i like it. I asked vaporesso if it was covered under a warranty, lol

Im just waiting to hear back before i mess with it.

Heh, well, it was working, the coil isnt hitting the base anymore
(Dropped it again, lol)

Back
Top Bottom