What's new

Newb, how do I get more cloud ?

SAW

Postman
Hi,

I am new to vaping and posted a lot in the beginners area. I started with a Drag S but even with the supplied coils found it harsh so bought the TR-1 coil which is much smoother as I seem to prefer MTL as it replicates smoking more, feels more natural to me. I have just tried the VM-4 coil and had a go at DL but still find this hot and harsh.

I also use the T18 ii which I find perfect for MTL with either 50/50 or 70PG/30VG this seems to be just right for that smoking feel.

What do I need to change on my Drag S to make it smoother and less harsh but still give me a good cloud ?

Can you even do large clouds when doing MTL or do you need to do DL ?

Thanks.

youve posted in the wrong section as this is for mod making and diy section. mod will move it for you back to new user section where you will get more replies.

vg produces the clouds
mtl = higher ohm coil best with 50/50, higher nicotine if needed = lower wattage = less cloud
dtl = lower ohm coil with 70vg, lower nicotine = higher wattage = more bigger clouds

question
what make of juice are you using. TPD 10ml pre mixed with nic or shortfills where you add your own nic shot. if the latter where did you buy and what make nic shot are you using and are you shaking the bottle to death for a day or so or vaping straight away. nic needs time to mix in properly.

youve posted in the wrong section as this is for mod making and diy section. mod will move it for you back to new user section where you will get more replies.

vg produces the clouds
mtl = higher ohm coil best with 50/50, higher nicotine if needed = lower wattage = less cloud
dtl = lower ohm coil with 70vg, lower nicotine = higher wattage = more bigger clouds

question
what make of juice are you using. TPD 10ml pre mixed with nic or shortfills where you add your own nic shot. if the latter where did you buy and what make nic shot are you using and are you shaking the bottle to death for a day or so or vaping straight away. nic needs time to mix in properly.

I've only got some eliquid from Vape UK, Mist and Wizmix. I have 80VG/20PG 3mg. Coil wise I have VM1, VM4 and VM5.

I've only got some eliquid from Vape UK, Mist and Wizmix. I have 80VG/20PG 3mg. Coil wise I have VM1, VM4 and VM5.
not used the coils so not sure what ohm they are. tbh those eliquids are not great and 80vg will struggle with a lot of coils as too thick. did the nic shots come with the juice and what ratio are they? a lot of places supply 100vg nic shot and adding that to a shortfill can well make it too thick so the harsh taste you are getting could well be dry hits where the cotton cannot soak up the juice quick enough and a dry hit will burn the coils out much quicker.
i only buy 70vg nic shots now and have had no issues while adding the 100vg supplied i suffered dry hits as well.

just for a small outlay its worth trying some 10ml bottles from drip drop vapour, 88 vape or LiQuid for £1-2 to see if its the juice causing the problems.
all links can be found on post 1 here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

edit

just googled this
Coils in the Voopoo PnP series:

• 0.6Ω Ohm – PnP-M2 single mesh (20-28W) half direct lung (Finic P18, Caliber P22, Drag Baby Trio)
  • 0.3Ω Ohm – PnP-VM1 mesh (32-40W) direct lung
  • 0.45Ω Ohm – PnP-M1 mesh (28-35W) – Caliber P22, Drag Baby Trio
  • 0.45Ω Ohm – PnP-VM3 single mesh (25-35W) half direct lung
  • 0.6Ω Ohm – PnP-VM4 single mesh (20-28W) half direct lung
  • 0.8Ω Ohm – PnP-R1 (12-18W) mouth-to-lung MTL (nic salts) – Find Trio, Finic P18, Caliber P22, Drag Baby Trio
  • 1.2Ω Ohm – PnP-C1 ceramic (10-15W) mouth-to-lung (MTL) – Find Trio, Finic P18, Drag Baby Trio

I cant understand that obsesion with clouds...

I wish I could do my DTL discreetly. Thats the main reason I use 50/50 liquids, and why I´m exploring RDTL and MTL (which I dont like too much :()

Back
Top Bottom