What's new

Anyone using 20awg flapton?

onion

Achiever
Have been using 22awg flapton for the last few weeks and coming to the end of a reel.

Going to buy some more but thinking about getting some 20awg for low builds in mechs too.

Anyone used it? Wondering what the ramp up time is like and whether it’s likely to be more flavoursome than the 22awg.

for reference, It’ll be going in a dual coil build and looking at 7/8 wraps. As long as I don’t have to wait an age for it to hit temp.

Only tried the Ni80 the same as you and the SS316 one, I just bought a 2nd reel of the Ni80 because that's the main material I use. The new reel of the Ni80 is just as inconsistent with the core as the 1st one was also, but the SS reel seems to be the opposite, very consistent looking coils.

I don’t mind the inconsistency, tbh I’ve not noticed it causing problems in use. Strange that it’s only the ni80. Wonder if it has anything to do with the wire type?

I will probably pick some up to have a play as the posts on the temple RDA are so far apart that I’m having to do a spaced coil to get them in. Will probably be nice in the drop solo too.

I just hope it doesn’t take an age to ramp up, more surface area more flavour right?

My other alternative is to get some big aliens. Scott’s coils do some which might do the trick but they seem pricey for a pair and if they’re slow to get going I’ll regret the waste whereas if a reel of wire doesn’t work I can still use it elsewhere.

I don’t mind the inconsistency, tbh I’ve not noticed it causing problems in use. Strange that it’s only the ni80. Wonder if it has anything to do with the wire type?

I will probably pick some up to have a play as the posts on the temple RDA are so far apart that I’m having to do a spaced coil to get them in. Will probably be nice in the drop solo too.

I just hope it doesn’t take an age to ramp up, more surface area more flavour right?

My other alternative is to get some big aliens. Scott’s coils do some which might do the trick but they seem pricey for a pair and if they’re slow to get going I’ll regret the waste whereas if a reel of wire doesn’t work I can still use it elsewhere.
If you're using it on a regulated mod just don't lower the power quite as much to compensate for the extra resistance of more wraps. Or do what you are with the spaced coils.

With the inconsistent core, both reels I have had are from the same place (Primevapes), so probably part of the same batch of wire. Maybe another batch would be better, who knows.

If you're using it on a regulated mod just don't lower the power quite as much to compensate for the extra resistance of more wraps. Or do what you are with the spaced coils.

With the inconsistent core, both reels I have had are from the same place (Primevapes), so probably part of the same batch of wire. Maybe another batch would be better, who knows.

same final resistance (in theory) just thicker wire so I can have an unspaced coil.

it’s going on a mech, so that’s why I’m dithering. If it was going on a regulated mod I’d have just stuck more wraps on the coil and worked with the wattage to compensate.

I'd only reccomend wire from the following...

Stealthvape
Attywire

Just out of interest my old Onion, what ohms are you looking for, & why?

at the time I was looking to get the 19awg so that I could put an unspaced coil in the temple RDA but in the end I just settled on having a spaced coil.

Back
Top Bottom