What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Yeah, just checked, mine are 8.5mm too, so the same size. It's not easy to make out the size difference with the clapton mesh, but I guess if we're talking about traditional mesh they must be huge. Still, the damn thing fits fine in the Steam Crave atty, so that's a shocker. I'm curious if these will fit on the Profile M or if they'll make smaller versions. Or maybe even if they intent for us to keep using the old 6.8mm ones. We'll see!

From what I've read the new, wider WoToFo NexMesh strips (Chill, Extreme and Turbo) are designed for the 1.5 RDA, RDTA and M. Whereas the original RDA and Unity take the older OFRF NexMesh strips.

Geekvape are knobs for making their strips different from the norm

Yup, but Profile are at it too now!

Well, I can't blame Wotofo for making the deck wider on the Profile M, 1.5 and RDTA. If it gets me better flavor, I'm in. And I can always fit in narrower strips, I'll just have to line them up correctly like I do with the modified Zeus deck. It may be fussy, but I don't really mind. What GV did is asinine. They went and made their deck and strips narrower and longer. I still can't wrap my head around that. It makes the thing harder to wick properly (for me at least) and actually provides less surface area. Shorter and wider is definitely the way to go.

@StrawberryRipple I don't remember if I ever mentioned that when I was trying to "fix" my Zeus, but you're the man. I mean, the modification itself is easy to do, but someone needed to go ahead and do it. So thanks for being the guinea pig at least, lol. :D
By the way, which strips do you use? I'm trying the normal OFRF A1 0.13Ω ones on my Zeus right now and I'm not really a huge fan. They're fine, much better than the GV ones, it's just that I think the SS ones are better.

Well, I can't blame Wotofo for making the deck wider on the Profile M, 1.5 and RDTA. If it gets me better flavor, I'm in. And I can always fit in narrower strips, I'll just have to line them up correctly like I do with the modified Zeus deck. It may be fussy, but I don't really mind. What GV did is asinine. They went and made their deck and strips narrower and longer. I still can't wrap my head around that. It makes the thing harder to wick properly (for me at least) and actually provides less surface area. Shorter and wider is definitely the way to go.

@StrawberryRipple I don't remember if I ever mentioned that when I was trying to "fix" my Zeus, but you're the man. I mean, the modification itself is easy to do, but someone needed to go ahead and do it. So thanks for being the guinea pig at least, lol. :D
By the way, which strips do you use? I'm trying the normal OFRF A1 0.13Ω ones on my Zeus right now and I'm not really a huge fan. They're fine, much better than the GV ones, it's just that I think the SS ones are better.
Either of these are perfect for me.

20210125_180836.jpg

I finally ran out of Geek Vape mesh so decided it was time to modify the deck, only to find I've got no cutting disks left for the Dremel! Well, I've actually got two left but they're both cracked :(

I've ordered more but in the meantime I've just trimmed one of the WoToFo NexMesh Turbo strips to fit and it's vaping an absolute treat! I'm going to trim another one for the Unity later to see how it compares to the older OFRF mesh.

I finally ran out of Geek Vape mesh so decided it was time to modify the deck, only to find I've got no cutting disks left for the Dremel! Well, I've actually got two left but they're both cracked :(

I've ordered more but in the meantime I've just trimmed one of the WoToFo NexMesh Turbo strips to fit and it's vaping an absolute treat! I'm going to trim another one for the Unity later to see how it compares to the older OFRF mesh.
When I did mine with the Dremel I used one of those grinding stones as the metal is really soft & took mins to do.

What GV did is asinine. They went and made their deck and strips narrower and longer. I still can't wrap my head around that. It makes the thing harder to wick properly (for me at least) and actually provides less surface area. Shorter and wider is definitely the way to go.

All strips are easy enough to cut, with some decent scissors, just pull the cotton through, from the side that has not been trimmed. I mess around with trimming strips, to try to achieve a higher resistance.

All strips are easy enough to cut, with some decent scissors, just pull the cotton through, from the side that has not been trimmed. I mess around with trimming strips, to try to achieve a higher resistance.
Well, I never thought it was hard to do, I just don't like the result. Maybe I didn't take the time to do it properly, but still, meh. I much prefer the modded deck or trimming just the corners so that they fit. I tend to run mine at higher wattages anyway (to the detriment of wick/coil longevity, it gunks up super fast with some juices), so lower resistance is fine with me. Although I have to admit, these SS strips go out really fast at higher wattages even though they are technically rated higher than the A1 ones (85W vs 70W). I run the A1 strips at 70W and the SS ones at 65W and the Kanthal ones last way longer before they give up.

On a side note, I bought a Wotofo Profile M about 10 days ago. It's pretty great, on par with the Unity and Zeus, but not really better. It may edge the Zeus out on flavour intensity (MAYBE, probably just placebo), but the Zeus is nicer to look at, feels more solid with the tank being glass instead of Wotofo's idiotic plastic tank and actually holds a usable amount of liquid, with how thirsty these things can be 3.5mL is borderline useless if you're out and about for a while, unless you carry a bottle with you.

Back
Top Bottom