What's new

Vaptio Pago Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Timmy at Vaptio sent me this to test out.

20201007_151207.jpg

The Vaptio Pago Pod Kit

https://shop.vaptio.com/pago-kit.html

In the box you get:

1 Pago Mod
1 Pago 4.3ml pod with 510 drip tip and a dust cap (TPD version will be 2ml of course)
1 P2 coil 0.6 ohm
1 P4 coil 0.3 ohm
1 USB C cable
The usual warranty card and manual

I’ve had a few things from Vaptio over the past few years. I loved the Wallcrawler mod and used that every day for a long time until I bought a newer mod I liked better. The Superbat was also a good Smok Alien alike mod that had really good battery life. Recently I’ve been getting starter kits that are good and well made but not really my style of vaping. My only real gripe with Vaptio stuff has been the coils. I liked the smoothness of the Palo starter kit but you can’t get coils anywhere but their own site. Other ones have had Cosmo coils that you can swap out for Aspire Nautilus coils and that’s good, I love the draw on nautilus coils, but things have moved on and there is a lot better out there for flavour these days. This kit is similar in that you can swap out the (admittedly great) coils with those of the Aegis Boost range so I think Vaptio realise the problems people have getting their own made coils and design to accommodate that.

The mod has a 1500mah battery and goes from 5-45w. There are only 2 modes to keep things simple. A smart mode that automatically sets the wattage for you but still lets you adjust the wattage up to the limit of the coil inserted and an RBA mode that lets you adjust as much as you like. The RBA mode suggests to me that there may be an RBA pod being designed, much like other pods are getting at present but there’s no indication of that yet so it may be just to allow you to use the Aegis coils. Design wise it’s quite nice. The body is made of metal that gives it a nice, reassuring weight. There are 2 leather type panels on each side with branding on them and these are actual leathery panels and not the plastic of the Cosmo G1 that I reviewed the other week. The front of the mod has an octagonal shaped button which clicks nicely and fires pretty fast, a basic screen with the watts, ohms, battery indicator and a puff counter on it, along with watt adjustment buttons and the USB C charging port. If you hold the 2 adjustment buttons together they will lock the power so you can’t adjust the wattage without unlocking again. If you hold the fire and minus button together you can clear the puff counter.

(The 2nd pic here has my own drip tip on it. That's not included in the kit unfortunately)
Collage 2020-10-07 15_17_03.jpg

The pod itself also has a similar design to the Aegis boost range. It has a top airflow wheel rather than a ring and it looks the same as on the boost pods. This is easy to use and gives very nice airflow. You can dial it right down for a MTL vape if you like, which is confusing as there is no pure MTL coil option available. Airflow is nicely restricted so it’s not a very open draw but it’s just where I like it personally when fully open. One thing I have noticed is that the airflow does almost whistle a little on longer draws fully open but that’s not a problem for me as the draw is so nice. The advantage of the top airflow is that there are no leaks. The coils also fit snugly and I’ve had no leaks there either.

The pod has a top fill bung with a nice sized fill hole, you can just fire in the nib and fill quickly, which I again like. It’s a smoked pod so it can be hard to see if you have eye issues but I tend to just take the pod out anyway so I can fill it as full as it goes. It pops back into the mod with pretty strong magnets and doesn’t pop out easily if you drop it. The drip tip included has a 510 fitting so you can take that off and use your own. I wasn’t keen on the supplied tip as you have to adjust it if you pick the mod up the wrong way so I replaced it quite quickly. I also lost the dust cap quite quickly but that is a nice option to have and makes the kit look quite good when on. The coils are pnp and pop right into the pod at the bottom. You can’t change them with a lot of juice in the pod but that’s similar to most pnp pods/tanks these days anyway.

20201007_151319.jpg

I started off on the 0.3 coil myself. It’s rated at best between 35-45w and I started at the low end, then coughed my bloody guts up as I was not expecting the sheer amount of vapour that came out of the thing. It is very dense vapour for such low watts and the flavour is very good and comparable to other mesh pnp coils on the market. I found fruits went particularly well in both options supplied with the kit. The coils are advertised as being made of seaweed cotton so are eco friendly, which is a nice touch. Vaptio also claim that the seaweed cotton helps the coil absorb the e-liquid at high speed. Whatever it is, whether the cotton, the coils, the airflow or a combination of them all this is a very good coil and gives out a lot of vapour for the rating marked on it. I was running the 0.3 for about 5 days and it’s still going well, if only just starting to drop flavour a tiny little bit.

The 0.6 is similarly cloudy for the wattage and has just a touch better flavour imo. It's rated as best between 15-25w. The flavours are brighter in the 0.3 but a little deeper in the 0.6. At 22w the 0.6 coil was perfect for me and I’ve not been having to top up occasionally with another of my devices like I usually do with other review products at a similar wattage. I’ve run this coil for about 3 days now and it’s still going well, no drop off in flavour or vapour.

There are 0.4 coils rated between 25-35w available too but there isn’t one included in the kit.

I also bought a pack of the 0.4 aegis coils to compare and will update once they arrive as I only found out they are compatible today. Handy as the price of the Pago coils is a bit steep.

In all I really like this device. It has a perfect draw for me and the cloud production is brilliant, along with good flavour. As I’ve said whether it’s the coil, the airflow, the cotton or a combination of it all I don’t know but I have really enjoyed using it. I do realise it is similar to the Aegis Boost range of pod kits but I can’t compare as I don’t own one of those personally. If I had a couple of things to ask for they would be a bigger battery, the 1500mah does last well but I do find I have to charge it at least once a day. I’d also like to see a pure MTL coil option as you can close the airflow right down and the 0.6 is just a bit too much for me. I am hoping this is the start of a coil platform similar to the Voopoo pnp ones or the Vaporesso GTX ones as Vaptio have nailed it with the Pago.

The only actual complaint I have is the price of the coils. On the Vaptio website a pack of 5 is $24.99, which works out at £19.40. There’s no way I’d pay that so I’m hoping the Aegis coils work just as well. Perhaps if the device takes off here we can get UK distributers picking them up and selling them at a reasonable price.

I’m keeping this one but I do have the green version to put in the giveaway section, along with a selection of the coils I’ve been using.

20201007_151233.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review mate. As you say, MTL coils would be a good addition.

Nice review mate. As you say, MTL coils would be a good addition.
Those always comes later... dunno why, but it happens.

Good review mate!
Those coilheads really seems familiar to me... cant find dimensions, but I would say those are virtually identic to the Geekvape Aegis (and compatible)

Those always comes later... dunno why, but it happens.

Good review mate!
Those coilheads really seems familiar to me... cant find dimensions, but I would say those are virtually identic to the Geekvape Aegis (and compatible)

Was hoping you'd comment as you do know your coils. I've got some aegis coils coming tomorrow. What are they like? Are they decent coils?

Was hoping you'd comment as you do know your coils. I've got some aegis coils coming tomorrow. What are they like? Are they decent coils?
Nope, I dont have any vape on that format.
The closest to that must be the PnP/GTX, which I use, but those looks smaller.
The rest I know well are the M Pros, , Nunchakus, the Falcons and the babies.

I was commenting because in my compatibility info searches I see the major coilheads in existence :D, and I usually find the matches.

Wee update to say the geekvape aegis solo coils fit perfectly. Good flavour and good vapour from the 0.4s so far.

What about comparison with Drag X?

Can't really compare them to be honest. The drag X is a single 18650 mod and goes up to 80w. This is an internal battery 1500mah and only goes up to 45w.

I do have the voopoo PNP tank though and I do prefer the vaptio or geekvape coils in the Pago to that. Just prefer the flavour but then flavour is subjective.

Back
Top Bottom