What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ares 2 coils last only 1 day

VG 50 PG 50 and full airflow. I'm going to try 70/30 next
If you're already getting dry hits then 70VG/30PG will make it worse not better as it's thicker so will wick more slowly. Have you tried other liquids in it as well? or different cotton?

I have tried only 1 liquid so far. Strawberry cheesecake. I am assuming it's not about the liquid because it is not that sweet. I have tried both cotton bacon and titanium fiber cotton, none worked so far.

There are lots of factors that could be causing it, coil material, wattage, liquid viscosity and sweetness, wicking method etc, etc, etc.

As I describe above I tried a lot of different materials and methods. Still can't exceed 1 day. Can it be because the mod is too old? Because it happened on another tank also

Switch to either Ni80 or SS. Kanthal takes longer to heat and cool so there's more residual heat which doesn't help when vaping sweet juices in a small chamber. Also, make sure you're spacing your coils and not using contact coils. Once you've switched away from Kanthal you'll find you can reduce the power slightly which should also help. And keep your wicking light. Snug thru the coil but nicely trimmed and fluffed ends just sitting in the juice wells.

IMHO.

Last edited:
I also use the Ares 2 and using SS316L for coils made with the tool for spacing. They are .55Ω and vaping at 12.5w I get at least 5 days with my DIY creamy e-juice. I would recommend going to Innokin.com and watch Phils' video on coil making and wicking. He designed the tank and his videos are superb.

Coil is likely fine, if the wick is frying in the middle you need to use less, back off your watts a touch or thin out you wick at the ends more. Vaping a high VG juice in a GTA MTL tank should give you a few days use, but more than likely it's going to gunk up sooner because that's not quite "the norm / ideal" for that style of tank. I went through this using high VG shortfill juices in 2 siren tanks, it's a natural consequence of using a tank with juices it's not really designed for (workable all the same). If you're vaping 50/50 or high PG these issues are more than likely down to how you're wicking it up.

Back
Top Bottom