Vape Club
What's new

GeekVape Zeus X Mesh RTA

Super late to the thread but I'm still loving my Zeus X Mesh since getting it last May and using it as my main tank. I only use Vandy Vape M Cotton Laces with mine as all the other cotton I've tried is either a pain to work with or gives shitty flavour. Steam Crave Mesh Cotton is ok in a pinch, but it doesn't last as long as the Vandy Vape before needing rewicked. Haven't tried the WoToFo xFibre though. I use Vaping with Vic's method for wicking (albeit I like to think mine is a bit neater!) and never get any flooding or dry hits.

Just ordered a Profile Unity as I dropped my beloved Ehpro Kelpie and now it constantly leaks, so will be keen to see how that compares to the Zeus.
Well, I had the Unity for a while, it was lent to me by a friend. It's a great atty (just a bit on the ugly side IMO, but that's totally subjective), very flavorful. Also, contrary to many, I found it extremely easy to wick. Out of the box, I liked the Unity more than the Zeus. For some reason, the Zeus with the stock mesh just didn't work for me. Ever since I modified the deck of the Zeus and started using NexMesh on it though, it has been great. Flavor is similar, if not a bit better on the Zeus (although they worked differently with different juices, desserts and cookie including flavors I liked better on the Zeus, fruits on the Unity), but what I didn't like about the Unity is that the vape was extremely cool even at wattages that are too high for mesh. I pushed 80W through the thing, still a very cool vape. The Zeus does warm a bit at higher wattages and I use it at 60-70W no problem.

I also got a Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme v3 recently and it came with a mesh deck. Not a fan of it. Doesn't hold a candle to the Zeus or the Unity. Nor does it to itself using the single or postless decks. It's a great atty, just not for mesh. At least with the provided strips, I haven't tried NexMesh on it.

Last edited:
Premier Ecigs
After using the Unity for a week now my Zeus X Mesh has been relegated to a back-up tank. The flavour difference isn't night or day, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement and I do prefer a cooler vape (I find the the Unity @ 50-55W is about the same as the Zeus @40W). The other main difference I notice is it looks like I'll need to re-wick less often with the Unity, which is always a plus. I only felt the need to change cotton today as I was changing liquids. I'm still on the 0.13Ω A1 NexMesh that came with it though, haven't tried the Turbo strips yet. Speaking of cotton the new Firebolt mesh cotton is a winner, easily as good as the Vandy Vape mesh cotton I mentioned above.

Going by what you guys have said, I think I'll probably bust out the Dremel and modify the deck on the Zeus at some point, just so I only have to buy one type of mesh.

After using the Unity for a week now my Zeus X Mesh has been relegated to a back-up tank. The flavour difference isn't night or day, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement and I do prefer a cooler vape (I find the the Unity @ 50-55W is about the same as the Zeus @40W). The other main difference I notice is it looks like I'll need to re-wick less often with the Unity, which is always a plus. I only felt the need to change cotton today as I was changing liquids. I'm still on the 0.13Ω A1 NexMesh that came with it though, haven't tried the Turbo strips yet. Speaking of cotton the new Firebolt mesh cotton is a winner, easily as good as the Vandy Vape mesh cotton I mentioned above.

Going by what you guys have said, I think I'll probably bust out the Dremel and modify the deck on the Zeus at some point, just so I only have to buy one type of mesh.
Well, do keep in mind that the Zeus performs better with the NexMesh strips than it does with the GV ones. If you want to try it out without butchering the deck, you can modify the strips. Take a piece of NexMesh (I use SS) and a nail clipper. Using the mesh grid as a guide, clip the corners of the mesh strip so that you cut away one little square from the grid on each corner. Don't bother cutting the whole strip, it's a 50-50 chance if you'll ruin it completely or not. That way, you get close enough to the modified deck performance that you can judge whether you like it or not and if it's worth the trouble.

Also, what are those Turbo strips you're talking about? Never heard that one before.

Vape Green
Well, do keep in mind that the Zeus performs better with the NexMesh strips than it does with the GV ones. If you want to try it out without butchering the deck, you can modify the strips. Take a piece of NexMesh (I use SS) and a nail clipper. Using the mesh grid as a guide, clip the corners of the mesh strip so that you cut away one little square from the grid on each corner. Don't bother cutting the whole strip, it's a 50-50 chance if you'll ruin it completely or not. That way, you get close enough to the modified deck performance that you can judge whether you like it or not and if it's worth the trouble.

Also, what are those Turbo strips you're talking about? Never heard that one before.

Thanks for the tip! I'm quite handy with the Dremel though (I used to modify game consoles - adding LEDs and the like) but the replacement decks are quite cheap anyway, should I mess up!

The WoToFo strips come in a few types:
nexMESH CHILL
A1 0.15ohm
Smooth and mellow, a more laid-back flavour experience, great vapor production

nexMESH TURBO
A1 0.13ohm
Bold and Clear, a more heightened flavour experience, thick vapour production

nexMESH EXTREME
A1 0.16ohm
Robust and strong, a vigorously warmer flavour experience, heavy vapour production

There's also the new A1 0.20ohm Clapton mesh.

Thanks for the tip! I'm quite handy with the Dremel though (I used to modify game consoles - adding LEDs and the like) but the replacement decks are quite cheap anyway, should I mess up!

The WoToFo strips come in a few types:

There's also the new A1 0.20ohm Clapton mesh.
Well, regardless if you're comfortable with it (I wasn't), it's a nice way to try it before you take the plunge. Whatever you end up doing, yes, at least spares are cheap!

As for the NexMesh strips, I didn't know about the different types. I already have a pack of the Clapton strips. Not a fan, but I didn't try it on the Zeus, I did on the Aromamizer Supreme v3, so I'll give it a shot again either on the Zeus or on the Profile M when I get one. The other ones, I can't find here. I can only find the ones that are from OFRF, so it's either SS 0.15Ω (which I honestly still prefer, although hotspots are much easier to get with these) and the A1 0.13Ω. I'll check again when I start running out and see if they're available.

E-liquids.com
Well, regardless if you're comfortable with it (I wasn't), it's a nice way to try it before you take the plunge. Whatever you end up doing, yes, at least spares are cheap!

As for the NexMesh strips, I didn't know about the different types. I already have a pack of the Clapton strips. Not a fan, but I didn't try it on the Zeus, I did on the Aromamizer Supreme v3, so I'll give it a shot again either on the Zeus or on the Profile M when I get one. The other ones, I can't find here. I can only find the ones that are from OFRF, so it's either SS 0.15Ω (which I honestly still prefer, although hotspots are much easier to get with these) and the A1 0.13Ω. I'll check again when I start running out and see if they're available.

I'm an idiot! The Turbo strips I bought are for the 1.5 RDA and RTA, so looks like I'll need to trim them as the Unity deck is narrower, doh :D

I'm an idiot! The Turbo strips I bought are for the 1.5 RDA and RTA, so looks like I'll need to trim them as the Unity deck is narrower, doh :D
Aha! Nice! :D

Are those 7.8mm or whatever like the Clapton strips? Curiously, the clapton ones fit fine on my Aromamizer Suprepe v3, but that's about the only thing that went right with that build.

AcmeFog
Aha! Nice! :D

Are those 7.8mm or whatever like the Clapton strips? Curiously, the clapton ones fit fine on my Aromamizer Suprepe v3, but that's about the only thing that went right with that build.

They're 17x8.5mm, so a fair bit wider!

They're 17x8.5mm, so a fair bit wider!
Yeah, just checked, mine are 8.5mm too, so the same size. It's not easy to make out the size difference with the clapton mesh, but I guess if we're talking about traditional mesh they must be huge. Still, the damn thing fits fine in the Steam Crave atty, so that's a shocker. I'm curious if these will fit on the Profile M or if they'll make smaller versions. Or maybe even if they intent for us to keep using the old 6.8mm ones. We'll see!

Smoore
Back
Top Bottom