What's new

This is IMPORTANT... Please Read

Sage is just janky af mate. It doesn’t seem to interface with anything MasterCard, and forget Amex, and it just slows you down.

Okay, so no go there then....I'll keep researching..I'll find an alternative soon. At least me PP accoutn is still functioning for now anyway.

C'Mon Folks.... ON TOPIC Please. DON'T clutter this up with incidental stuff :)

I'm caught between a Rock and a Hard Place because of all this nonsense.
I can use Carol's PP account, but obviously prefer not to as she needs hers for RBL stuff so it MUST remain. I have a LOT of Gear that I had intended to list, but I am really not sure how well it will go down with Folks as I think I will inevitably have to ask for BACS Transfers.
I am talking with The Boss about my issues and expect to make an announcement soon re Bank Transfers for The Classified Sections.

This is a thing

vendors I know dropping like flies - be prepared

Guys I cant stress enough how seriously this is going to effect EVERYONE

we have all become used to PayPal both as vendors and users - this is really going to put a spanner in the works and for many companies I know already has - be prepared to have to pay via card or bank transfers etc

this is going to happen

and before anyone says "ill be fine I DIY" Vapable have already had their PayPal removed - the others will follow suit

Indeed - and not just Vendors .. this has a very real effect on buyers - especially those who will only use paypal - coz frankly for VAPE gear very very soon they will not be able to.

All the protections we enjoy with paypal gone - and all because of some puritanical standpoint from the US.
So you can buy knives with PayPal but you can't buy vaping supplies. That's ridiculous

We at The Drip Tip Store were also shut down by Paypal and all funds held for 180 days just before Christmas. We have only just managed to get the website back up and running again. They are obviously clamping down hard on Vaping as a whole because all we sell is drip tips!

With a recommendation by Toby from POTV we decided to use Worldpay. The % rates are far better than Paypal, which is a bonus. However, there is a stipulation that we cannot take credit card orders from the USA unless we pay a $500 yearly fee for both Visa and Mastercard (so $1000).

At present we have decided not to pay this because as you can imagine we'd need to sell a lot of drip tips to just break even on the cost. It's a shame as quite a good percentage of our orders were to the USA. We can of course accept bank transfers from the US but with this method not having any buyer protection like credit cards or Paypal I cannot imagine many customers being comfortable doing that. Regular returning customers I'm sure will understand, but new ones, I doubt it!

We at The Drip Tip Store were also shut down by Paypal and all funds held for 180 days just before Christmas. We have only just managed to get the website back up and running again. They are obviously clamping down hard on Vaping as a whole because all we sell is drip tips!

With a recommendation by Toby from POTV we decided to use Worldpay. The % rates are far better than Paypal, which is a bonus. However, there is a stipulation that we cannot take credit card orders from the USA unless we pay a $500 yearly fee for both Visa and Mastercard (so $1000).

At present we have decided not to pay this because as you can imagine we'd need to sell a lot of drip tips to just break even on the cost. It's a shame as quite a good percentage of our orders were to the USA. We can of course accept bank transfers from the US but with this method not having any buyer protection like credit cards or Paypal I cannot imagine many customers being comfortable doing that. Regular returning customers I'm sure will understand, but new ones, I doubt it!
I can recommend viva wallet - even if you have it as a seperate option - they will accept visa from anywhere for you

Back
Top Bottom