What's new

Scissors

Yeah, i mean i think my fiskars are bent a little, so when i try to cut the cotton it just folds between the blades.

Same with my hair scissors, but when i went to get them sharpened they told me that was how they were supposed to be.

Nailclipper isnt a bad idea, i already trim my coils with one, might work for the cotton too.
Phew.

I thought you were using these

6EB2F2BB-7873-45C0-9B3F-BF9D0DA1550E.jpeg

Easy to pick up poop and THROW??
I guess thats one way to get rid of it
In a rare moment of seriousness, shit and flick is a common countryside practise. My dogs dump and I flick from the footpath into a nearby bush. Everyone hates squirrels.

I guess a pair of small embroidery scissors should be good as there made for cutting cotton thread.
I have heard that nurses scissors work well, cutting cotton can't be as hard as cutting plasters/band-aids.
I just use some of the cheap folding ones you get with every cheap coiling kit without any problems.
Could it be different types of cotton cut differently or dull scissors more? I used muji at first now using labo

I guess a pair of small embroidery scissors should be good as there made for cutting cotton thread.
I have heard that nurses scissors work well, cutting cotton can't be as hard as cutting plasters/band-aids.
I just use some of the cheap folding ones you get with every cheap coiling kit without any problems.
Could it be different types of cotton cut differently or dull scissors more? I used muji at first now using labo

Any of the scissors you have mentioned should be fine.
Regarding nurses scissors it's actually more difficult to cut cotton than say plasters, that is due to the very fine fibres in the cotton, so the scissors have to be very sharp, and precision made (no gap between the blades)

I use Nurses scissors (from a nurse) and they are like razors! Goes through cotton like warm butter. But in relation to the air gap between the blades this is deliberate from the manufacturers as it keeps the leading/cutting edges in contact with each other but not the whole blade therefore reducing friction while cutting!

I use Nurses scissors (from a nurse) and they are like razors! Goes through cotton like warm butter. But in relation to the air gap between the blades this is deliberate from the manufacturers as it keeps the leading/cutting edges in contact with each other but not the whole blade therefore reducing friction while cutting!

Quite right mate, but some poor quality scissors have an air gap all along the blade, and are therefore useless for cutting or wicking cotton as the fibres (quite rightly so) are extremely fine.

An old thing from "the black, and white days" when I was an apprentice in a precision grinding dept was always keep a pack of rizzla fag papers in your toolbox as they were one thousand of an inch thick.
So I still use that now, if a pair of scissors does not cut cleanly through a rizzla paper they ain't no good for trimming your cotton.

Back
Top Bottom