What's new

Recommend rta?

I would also recommend the Kylin Mini II. Its a great tank. Are you going to wind your own coils or use pre-made? You just have to make sure they are wound in the right direction.

Was going to use pre made. But I also want to wind my own to give me better info on the whole thing too.

Was going to use pre made. But I also want to wind my own to give me better info on the whole thing too.
Due to the positioning of the coil lead holes, the coil needs to be wrapped counter-clockwise for the coil legs to be dropped straight down into the holes. I don't use pre-made myself, so not an issue for me. You just need to check when purchasing coils.

That's the only downside to the KM v2, why do these companies do this when most premade coils are wrapped clockwise? You can sort of cross the legs to get one in but it's not as easy as just plonking a coil in

I know this is a different subject. However, how easy is making your own coils? I've not looked into yet.

I know this is a different subject. However, how easy is making your own coils? I've not looked into yet.

Very easy once you've got the kit you need, the wire & know how many wraps & things you want. Have a look around this place, I'm sure there's loads of threads on it

There are loads of coil jigs on the market where you pop the wire through and twist to make the coil. Just google coil jig. Really easy to use. You can also just get a screwdriver or a drill bit and wind your coil round that freehand. The sizes are usually from 2mm - 4mm diameter for coils. I like 2.5mm or 3mm myself.

You'd also need wire cutters, ceramic tweezers and scissors. There are a lot of coil making kits about but if you want to save money you can find it all seperately.

And use steam engine to get an idea of how many wraps you’ll need to hit a desired resistance. you can input wire type, inner diameter, leg length etc. It means that the first one or two you build aren’t a guess, that’s all.

If you haven’t got a regulated mod, you should also add an ohm meter to your kit list. Last thing you want is a short, particularly on a mech or unregulated mod.

You’ll get the gist of it quite quickly.

One last thing I’d add is that you want to get a coil jig (if you buy one) with long enough mandrels to go right across the deck. I stupidly bought the cheapest UD one and the mandrel isn’t long enough to cross the deck which is annoying when some atties now come with slots to assist lining everything up.

Back
Top Bottom