What's new

Sub Ohm Univapo UA25 Tank - Quick review

OzoreXS

Achiever
I´m not afiliate with @Univapo or POTV; this review was made just for my own entertainment, its solely my own opinion, and theres is not any interest of any kind behind.

So, I won this tank in this recent giveaway and @Univapo sent it to me quickly.
You know Im a sub-ohm stock coil tanks lover... and I couldnt resist :)

https://www.univapo.com/Tanks/ua25-tank/

upload_2020-11-27_17-8-54.png

-TANK SPECS-
upload_2020-11-27_14-44-48.png
*2ml with straight glass. Around 4.5 with the bubble glass

-CONTENTS-
upload_2020-11-27_14-45-49.png

-FIRST IMPRESSIONS-
This tank comes securely packaged on a nice hard cardboard case and inside a nice foamy bed. The box comes with one of those soft magnet close.

The tank has a wonderful machining and craft. No scratches, flimsy paint or other issues. In the hand feels light, and mounted in a regular dual batt mod feels balanced.

It looks good. The threaded carvings have two functions: grippy and decorative. It reminds me electronic PCB circuits. This is specially useful when adjusting the AFC.
Its not a big tank, not even with the bubble glass (preinstalled) and it fits nicely on many mods because its not too wide at base diameter, "just" 25mm.

All movable parts, refill and AFC, makes a nice "clicky" sound when operated. AFC have 6 clicks points of adjustment but you can leave it on intermediates also.

upload_2020-11-27_16-5-44.png

-VAPING IT-
Unfortunately, this unit only have 2x 0.20ohm dual mesh coils (60-80w). Description of materials for wicking or mesh were not provided, but lets asume the mesh is KA (quick cool down) and as for the wicking material, the website claims "Superior food grade hydrophilic NWF (Non-woven fabric)", something I dont know what means... but it works wonderfully. You can chain vape it fearless, if theres liquid remaining, you will have a good puff after another.

I´ve found the sweet spot for the .20 coilhead at 65w with 50% AFC closed. Flavour is great and vapour production is generous, as you may expect from a coil like this. Im vaping this 600 puffs so far and it does not present any sign of fatigue.

Oh, the coils:
upload_2020-11-27_16-20-54.png
Many Freemax users will recognise that shape and size of those because this tank is fully compatible with Freemax Fireluke M/2/3 coilheads. TERRIFIC. Also with Voopoo Uforce ones, but those are worse IMHO.
Long time ago since I dont vape a Fireluke coil, but the Univapo ones may be hard to beat.
Both coils are dual mesh, the only difference is the resistance on each.

Refilling procedure is something new for me, I have seen similar but never this:
upload_2020-11-27_16-25-46.png
This tank will not reveal the refill port by itself, for sure. However, the beauty ring you rotate and pull in order to open is quite loose. This not means it will rotate to the "open" point position, but I would prefered it to be just a bit more tight.
Also it may ratle a bit, but, who shakes its vape like maracas? ffs :D
Something interesting must be said about the standard 810 drip tip.
Due to its interior upper walls design, condensation droplets or oxidazed liquid never reach the mouth; and thanks to the funnel shaped chimeney entry, all that not vaped liquid returns to the coil. Thats clever!
upload_2020-11-27_16-36-12.png

The airflow is smooth like silk and surprisingly quiet for a stock coil sub-ohm tank. Tons of airflow when wide open (you can breathe throw it) and perfectly sealed when fully closed. No whistle, turbulence or funny sounds across the adjustment. Awesome. I hate air leaks.

I bet some of you are wondering if this is a liquid guzzler. It isnt; not at least with this double mesh. Lets be honest, it takes some liquid but nothing crazy. Its moderated considering the amount of flavour and vapour this thing is able to create.

-FINAL THOUGHTS-
I´m glad I had the oportunity of testing this tank. Its great. No matter how much I tried to search for cons, this tank is great overall.
This costs around $24 atm. Is it worthy? For me, it is.
Considering the overall quality they put in this little thing, the innovations, the vape experience and its usability, we have a very good, new-gen, stock sub-tank here.

I cant give it a score because Im not a reviewer and I dont have enough points of comparison. But if I had to give it a score, it would be high.
Im shocked. I never thought this could be that good to be honest. Well done @Univapo ! Bravo.

PROS:
- Innovative drip tip and liquid recovery system.
- The finish of the product is inmaculate, superb.
- Freemax coilheads compatible! yay!
- Airflow, its a delight

CONS:
- Top beauty ring is too loose.

upload_2020-11-27_17-2-38.png

THANKS FOR READING

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
It means a lot for me, especially coming from you.

This was my very first and "serious" review on the forum. Glad to hear you liked it. :)
... yet, I have too much to learn from you

Thanks guys.
It means a lot for me, especially coming from you.

This was my very first and "serious" review on the forum. Glad to hear you liked it. :)
... yet, I have too much to learn from you
It was great mate, when I read a review I want to hear someone's experiences with a product and what they actually thought (not just describing the product) and I want to see some of them in the review, some of their personality. You've done all that and I look forward to more of them.
We're all still learning and improving fella!!

Great read that mate! Looks like a smart tank especially on that voopoo mod! Looking forward to the next one mate @OzoreXS

hey @OzoreXS thank you so much for your details review.
No, thank you for giving us that awesome giveaway.
I´m well chuffed with this tank. The more I use it, the more I like it.
Looking forward for your future products.
Finally, please, create a triple mesh for this UA25. It would be even more awesome!

Back
Top Bottom