What's new

mental health and covid

You need to keep phoning them fella, sometimes info does not get passed on or lost in the system on for one reason or another.....chase it up, phone the crisis team and let them know the current situation.

I phoned 111 on Thu night she was pretty bad.
On call CPN phoned back and said they would contact Psychiatrist by email
Fri i contact the local mental health team that deals with my wife, said they would contact Psychiatrist by phone
Fri i contact the on call CPN again said they would contact Psychiatrist then phone back to let me know whats happening (they never phoned)
Fri night i call 111 again, told to wait til Mon morning and someone will call (guess what no one called)
Wife has mellowed down a wee bit
Will try and phone again in the morning.

Fri i contact the local mental health team that deals with my wife, said they would contact Psychiatrist by phone
Fri i contact the on call CPN again said they would contact Psychiatrist then phone back to let me know whats happening (they never phoned)
Fri night i call 111 again, told to wait til Mon morning and someone will call (guess what no one called)

Ridiculous.

Find strength somewhere if you can...

And yet the Cons will keep calling the NHS 'our NHS'. They're the ones trying to run it into the ground, so the private side owned by their buddies can benefit from that...

Jeez oh man, that's shit, piss poor....... but I kinda thought as much, that's why I would phone the crisis team, I know she is not in a crisis at the moment, but they are there to prevent one from happening....let them know

I've been waiting 3 mo for my psych. to send a letter to my GP, announcing a change in medication that we all (psych., CPN and me) agreed on.

3 mo for a... letter!

Jeez oh man, that's shit, piss poor....... but I kinda thought as much, that's why I would phone the crisis team, I know she is not in a crisis at the moment, but they are there to prevent one from happening....let them know

The Rapid Response Team? Worth a try, no results guaranteed, though...

The Rapid Response Team? Worth a try, no results guaranteed, though...

If that's what they are called in your area then yes.....it's another service that will log the call into the system and should follow it up, by passing info on to the main mental health team and give advice.

Mental health, after covid, completely suffers. Depression, insomnia and stress make themselves felt. I still take light sedatives. I think I will do without doctors. Is it still better to see a doctor?

Mental health, after covid, completely suffers. Depression, insomnia and stress make themselves felt. I still take light sedatives. I think I will do without doctors. Is it still better to see a doctor?
If you're explaining you have issues post covid then I'm guessing only you will know if you could do with professional help.
Maybe you're not quite the same as before and just need some healing time but tbh i don't think we know how well folk recover yet.
Suppose even if it's just answers to questions you need maybe worth making contact.

It’s not necessarily better to see a doctor, it depends on the circumstances. It’s good to talk to others if you’re struggling, you could stick around the site and make some friends here, we’re a friendly bunch :hugs:

Depends on how low you are, hopefully I think you would know where you are at, based on your own personal scale and experience. It might be a temporary thing, sort of a reactive depression. If you have had covid 19, that could certainly impact on your physical and mental health (long covid). I hope at least today you are feeling a bit better :)

Back
Top Bottom