What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tobacco Recipie List

Are there any good tobaccos that don't need to steep for eons? I've not been seduced by the thought of vaping tobacco flavours yet but like the sound of the RY4 variety.

Are there any good tobaccos that don't need to steep for eons? I've not been seduced by the thought of vaping tobacco flavours yet but like the sound of the RY4 variety.

Jungle Flavors RY4 Double and Holy Holy Grail RY4 are the only ones that I can get away with a 2 weeks steep, the Holy Grail is the best suited as a standalone tbh.

Yes.
Quite a few of the inawera ones are good after a few days.
Trouble is they get stronger with age so no real way round it.

BTW I've no idea why an RY4 gets called a tobacco cos it tastes like soil with a hint of nuts and caramel.

BTW I've no idea why an RY4 gets called a tobacco cos it tastes like soil with a hint of nuts and caramel.

i had always thought this, but recently went back to the FA ones and they do have a kind of smoky feel to me now. not smoky as in smoked cheese or kippers, more the dry sensation of fag smoke, rather than flavour of tobacco, per se. i used to like them because they weren’t too tobaccoish but now i am appreciating them for the subtle smoky feel.

the inawera classic ryo is a good one btw, it’s a bit like an ry4 with very present tobacco flavour in there.

My kind of thread, all I vape is Tobaccos + something

I'm in the process of giving all my recipes the Tom Klark treatment - mixing them up to about 1/10 their strength, sometimes less. It's quite radical, some of them are coming out stronger tasting. INW RY4 (Caribbean Blend) for example is really weird - I had a simple recipe where I was using it at 3.5% with a touch of Perique - I'd got into a bit of an arms race, and started not to be able to taste it. Dropping to 0.25% and now it's too strong. I've just ordered some scales that can measure 0.001g so that I can do meaningful mixing this low.

The exception seems to be the FLV Tobaccos and NETs, I think I was using them around the right level 0.75-1.0% and 2.0-4.0% respectively.

I made a mistake recently buying some Barrel Aged Tobacco from Darkstar. It's too synthetic and sweet for me. I've got 30ml of concentrate if anybody wants it...
i’m going to experiment with this. i usually use low amounts of concentrate anyway - measuring only roughly, in drops - but this seems significantly lower still.

i’m sure i have some small jeweller’s scales somewhere i can use. i suppose the only limitation on how low it can go would be the drop size of any particular bottle dropper.

Yeah, the drop is the limit. I found some scales on eBay that do 0.001g - a drop seems to be between 0.025-0.035g - OK for 30ml, but 10ml testers are tricky

Yeah, the drop is the limit. I found some scales on eBay that do 0.001g - a drop seems to be between 0.025-0.035g - OK for 30ml, but 10ml testers are tricky

what i often do when working out what things can blend, instead of making testers, is to start with 30ml of unflavoured, add a small amount of one flavour, try it out, then gradually adjust it with the same or other flavours, and test, over the course of a few weeks.

it works quite well once you get into the way of it, i think it would be good for this type of mixing.

oops, double post.

i might start out with this on a 30ml later tonight once the wee man is in his bed.

edit: i’ve mixed a 30ml bottle with a scaled down version of a blend i sometimes mix. had to change the ratios a bit as 0.1% is approx 1 drop so can’t go lower. could have went higher with the tobaccos but wanted to keep them as low as possible. i’ll leave it a few days before i try it.

inw sunset virginia 0.2%
inw burley 0.2%
inw coconut 0.1%
vta mahlepi 0.1%

Last edited:
I use concentrates from different manufacturers and they obviously use different bottles.
TAC for example have quite open dropper nozzles so the drop size from those is bigger.
I also use 250ml dropper bottles for vg and pg and the size of dropper nozzles on those is bigger again.
Just saying that a drop size will be different from different bottles.

that would be just a matter of weighing a few drops from each of the type of bottles.

so the inw bottles are about 0.025g. the ones from elfc are about the same.

Back
Top Bottom