What's new

Not firing at low ohms

Yeah two important points for sub ohm builds, if you go below say 0.8 ohms you are gonna need batteries with higher amp limits then the efests. i use the Sony 30 amps on my builds, currently rocking 0.23 dual coils the clouds of fog are lubberly. Second important thing for sub ohm cloud machines, you really need big air holes, this helps cool the vapour and in fact increase the amount too. on that dual coil, i have 2 x 3mm holes anything less than that would be horrible.

Yeah two important points for sub ohm builds, if you go below say 0.8 ohms you are gonna need batteries with higher amp limits then the efests. i use the Sony 30 amps on my builds, currently rocking 0.23 dual coils the clouds of fog are lubberly. Second important thing for sub ohm cloud machines, you really need big air holes, this helps cool the vapour and in fact increase the amount too. on that dual coil, i have 2 x 3mm holes anything less than that would be horrible.

Sorry for butting in, could you tell me what the sony us18650gr 2600mah battery amps would be. i don't have a clue, done some research on them but cannot find anything about the max amp draw.

atb BUB

Sorry for butting in, could you tell me what the sony us18650gr 2600mah battery amps would be. i don't have a clue, done some research on them but cannot find anything about the max amp draw.

atb BUB

Im not quite sure on that particular battery, but i can tell you that generally the higher the mAH the lower the amp limit.

If you are looking for some decent sub-ohm batteries i can recommend THESE, very decent sony IMR (safer chemistry) batteries with a 30 amp limit.

those are very similar to the ones i have. same colour same brand just the letters after the us18650-- are different. I'm paranoid I'm going to blow myself up. i read threads elsewhere saying there fine to use ect, but then i seen this thread about the sub ohms and certain batteries.:whiteflag: I've ordered a nitecore i4 intelicharger as i have quite a collection of batteries now and didn't trust the cheap thing i bought from amazon.

Im not sure that the batteries you asked about are IMR i believe they may be straight up Li-ion batteries which i definately woudlnt be happy using in sub-ohm builds. It kind of depends on what ohms you are aiming at. I use those 30 amps for anything less than 0.5 10 amp batteries such as the AW IMRs or the EFEST IMR for everything else.

it was running at 0.4, i pulled it out and put a 1.6 on there just to be safe.

it was running at 0.4, i pulled it out and put a 1.6 on there just to be safe.

Always better to be safe than sorry. Try to do a bit more research to see if you can find any max discharge current info on that battery.

will do, thanks for the info bud. seems like a lot of radio control aeroplane guys like to use them. thats fine tho if there going to explode in mid air not directly in your face.

Back
Top Bottom