What's new

Drag X RTA misreading ohms

Hunch or on to something?...

I made another coil, just purely testing.
Ohms reader - 0.22
DNA 250 mod - 0.219
aaand
Drag X mod - 0.20

So my current stock coil, the VM6 reads at bang on 0.15 in Smart or RBA mode.

They have 3 different Direct Lung colis listed on their site at 3 different Ohms of 0.15, 0.20 and 0.30. I have a feeling these are the only options a DL coil will actually read at on the mod???

What are the chance that my 0.22 coil read at 0.2 and my 0.42 coild read at 0.30... its almost like the mod can detect its a D.Lung coil or RTA and just 'pre-sets' to the closest option. My 0.22 coil vapes OK cause its close enough to the 0.20 option on the mod but my 0.42 coil does nothing cause its wayyy too far off the closest preset of 0.30

This could be a complete coincidence and speculation... can anyone who has this mod + RTA confirm if yours can read builds outwith these?

@ikes above seemed to have something very similar where the mod seemd to know a few different possible ohm options and just wouldnt read anything apart from these.

Do the 0.40 RBA coil vape nice despite its readed as 0.30?
nah man, as I said above - My 0.22 coil vapes OK cause its close enough to the 0.20 option on the mod but my 0.42 coil does nothing cause its wayyy too far off the closest preset of 0.30.

I get some vapour, but tastes dry and flavourless like its way underpowered. If I vape the same tank/build on my DNA on reading the ohms right its perfect.

I see. That must be something related to the "smart mode", looks like it still works in background when using manual modes.

Yeah it feels like something like that. The only way round this I can think of (if this is indeed by design and not a fault) is to target build to as close to those 'preset' ohms as possible. if I make a build bang on 0.3 it should run OK.

Shouldnt have to do that though, very annoying

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this old thread but I complained to Voopoo again since I bought the RTA and the RBA and essentially cant use them. They just sent me a firmware to try, didnt look like any of the official ones and its fixed it! It doesnt have the score mode or anything but now reading coils accurately (or more so anyway).

As proof that the regular firmware is locked to the specific ohms of the stock coils, one of my stock coils now reads at 0.14 instead of 0.15 which is a first, and my RTA is not reading pretty much spot on.

Good on you for perservering with them.

Ive always wondered if the firmware had issues, i find the vape to be xifferent to other devices at the same power. I thought it was just me imagining it.

So the RBA is kind of pointless or its only when using other RTA's with the adapter?

Sorry to bump this old thread but I complained to Voopoo again since I bought the RTA and the RBA and essentially cant use them. They just sent me a firmware to try, didnt look like any of the official ones and its fixed it! It doesnt have the score mode or anything but now reading coils accurately (or more so anyway).

As proof that the regular firmware is locked to the specific ohms of the stock coils, one of my stock coils now reads at 0.14 instead of 0.15 which is a first, and my RTA is not reading pretty much spot on.
Would you be able to share the firmware with others buddy? Im not satisfied with the pwer deluvery of the mod, thinkings it coukd be to do with it reading set ohms. Keen to try out the firmware to see if that makes a change

So the RBA is kind of pointless or its only when using other RTA's with the adapter?
I dont know how good or bad it is, i bought 2 rbas for this and can build neither with my fat fingers :(. Its too fecking tiny

Back
Top Bottom