What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

My reviews of 2020 so far

Almost finished the Vaporesso Luxe II review, pretty pleased with the kit, it doesn't exactly bring anything new to the table but it's overwhelming feature is that luxurious feel to it, I even enjoyed the tactile vibration feature, the NRG S tank is different and the newer GT Meshed Coil (0.18Ω, 50-85W), GT4 Meshed Coil (0.15Ω, 50-75W) bring it right up to date, I love the GT4 coil especially.

It's a different animal to the GEN, heavier with a large 2" colour screen and touch sensitive adjustment.

Full review coming soon but gets my thumbs up though I'm not sure if it's a worthy upgrade if you already have the original Luxe?

Vaporesso_Luxe_II_Kit-8.jpg
Vaporesso_Luxe_II_Kit-Montage.jpg

I needed a Mod to match my Herdy Cup [emoji1787]View attachment 228928
Hi mate, is that Argus Air any good? I´ve been tempted of getting one for a while now

Almost finished the Vaporesso Luxe II review, pretty pleased with the kit, it doesn't exactly bring anything new to the table but it's overwhelming feature is that luxurious feel to it, I even enjoyed the tactile vibration feature, the NRG S tank is different and the newer GT Meshed Coil (0.18Ω, 50-85W), GT4 Meshed Coil (0.15Ω, 50-75W) bring it right up to date, I love the GT4 coil especially.

It's a different animal to the GEN, heavier with a large 2" colour screen and touch sensitive adjustment.

Full review coming soon but gets my thumbs up though I'm not sure if it's a worthy upgrade if you already have the original Luxe?

View attachment 229004 View attachment 229005
hoohoo looking forward for reading you on that one.
I have a Luxe 1 + SKRR. I was shocked about this second version and not for good.
First, the look.... nah, not the look, the mod is EXACTLY the same except for the painting and colours, and the chipset (now worse IMO). And defo the tank is not better either. Bad move from Vaporesso with this... just my opinion. The V2 of the Luxe deserved something better.

Of course you like it, its a great kit. It oozes quality everywhere, but man, its the same thing.

Hi mate, is that Argus Air any good? I´ve been tempted of getting one for a while now

I have a Luxe 1 + SKRR. I was shocked about this second version and not for good.
First, the look.... nah, not the look, the mod is EXACTLY the same except for the painting and colours, and the chipset (now worse IMO). And defo the tank is not better either. Bad move from Vaporesso with this... just my opinion. The V2 of the Luxe deserved something better.

Of course you like it, its a great kit. It oozes quality everywhere, but man, its the same thing.
I'm glad you brought it up, I hadn't experienced the original so I had no idea if it was much different, fortunately it's all new to me so nothing to disappoint.

Thanks for the info though, I will include some of it in my review.

I like the Argus Air. The DragS for me is next level up though. Both good and the Argus is pocket friendly.

Finished my review of the Vandy Vape Pulse V2, I'm aware of the early release faulty fire button but mine was the latest batch, for me the V2 is faultless, everything you could want in a Pulse has been achieved in the V2 and I genuinely couldn't find a single con as much as I tried.

I gave it a 9.5/10 and it really makes the older versions look ancient and obsolete.

Vandy_Vape_Pulse_V2-7.jpg

Finished my review of the Vandy Vape Pulse V2, I'm aware of the early release faulty fire button but mine was the latest batch, for me the V2 is faultless, everything you could want in a Pulse has been achieved in the V2 and I genuinely couldn't find a single con as much as I tried.

I gave it a 9.5/10 and it really makes the older versions look ancient and obsolete.

View attachment 229711
Indeed, it looks very well developed and manufactured.
...man, thinking of treating myself with this and a proper single RDA. Time for a second round in RBA? :D

Waiting for that review

Been quite a busy few weeks for new stuff, The Pulse 2 is in the main sites queue along with the Lost Vape Gemini.

In the review queue of items received:
Eleaf Pico Compaq https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/eleaf-pico-compaq.html
Lost Vape GRUS https://lostvape.com/product-item/grus-mod/
Vaporesso Xiron https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xiron
Vaporesso Forz TX80 https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/forz-tx80

I've just finished the VooPoo Drag Mini Platinum Refresh PnP Kit review, I already love the PnP tank but the mod is one of those 'special' ones I instantly loved.

VOOPOO_Drag_Mini_Platinum_Refresh_Kit-3.jpg

VOOPOO_Drag_Mini_Platinum_Refresh_Kit-2.jpg

I reluctantly agreed to review the Eleaf Pico Compaq, I'm pretty picky when choosing items to review but sometimes you need to take the rough with the smooth so I took one for the team.

Turns out it aint as shit as I thought, and it's growing on me every day, the mesh coil tipped the balance, I'm actually enjoying this chunky monkey of a pod, forget MTL on it as it's a loose draw DL device with no adjustable airflow.

In the middle of writing the full review and so far it's hovering around a 7/10 but it has a certain charm for a bloated 18650 pod/AIO

Makes me wonder what other hidden gems I've previously turned down?

Eleaf_Pico_Compaq-7.jpg

Eleaf_Pico_Compaq-POD.jpg

Currently testing the new Vaporesso FORZ T80 Kit, pretty impressed with the waterproofing, submerged it and everything sealed nicely, main con so far is it's a lint magnet but running it under the tap cleans that up nicely.

Vaporesso_Forz_T80_Kit-1.jpg

Vaporesso_Forz_T80_Kit-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom