What's new

Temp Control and MTL

isn’t higher better? i think with ss at least that the fluctuation in resistance increases the higher the resistance is.

Maybe, I don't even know how you would make a 1ohm coil out of SS, mine never come out anywhere near that 0.6ohm is the highest they ever are. You'd need a pretty wide deck and a lot of wraps, which you could do in an RDA but you wouldn't fit that in any MTL RTA I own.

Maybe, I don't even know how you would make a 1ohm coil out of SS, mine never come out anywhere near that 0.6ohm is the highest they ever are. You'd need a pretty wide deck and a lot of wraps, which you could do in an RDA but you wouldn't fit that in any MTL RTA I own.

mine are always about 1Ω with 30g or a bit higher with 32. need thinner wire.

i’m sure i had read that somewhere though. that the higher the resistance the easier it is for the mod to read the changes. unless i dreamt it... :)

mine are always about 1Ω with 30g or a bit higher with 32. need thinner wire.

i’m sure i had read that somewhere though. that the higher the resistance the easier it is for the mod to read the changes. unless i dreamt it... :)

that could be right ... I don't have these issues anyway though.

but anyway, whenever i’ve tried tc it has worked fine, and would usually be at 1Ω at least. so i don’t think too high resistance would cause a problem.

im using 28 and 30g ss. around 7 wraps. i went into escribe to set a ss316L wire with no preheat. works better for me. i dont get sizzling at first fire. im wondering about the preheat because i got burnt taste from some puffs.

im using 28 and 30g ss. around 7 wraps. i went into escribe to set a ss316L wire with no preheat. works better for me. i dont get sizzling at first fire. im wondering about the preheat because i got burnt taste from some puffs.

Best way to check stuff like that is with the 'device monitor' in escribe, you'll be able to see exactly what's happening when you take a drag on it.

still figuring out temp control. made ss build, calculator says 5 wraps for .8 ohms. came out to 1 ohm instead. using no preheat, im changing wicks everyday now instead of 2-3. i think tc gives me slightly better flavor than power mode which is why im still at it.

Back
Top Bottom