What's new

Recommend me a good sub ohm mesh tank - conservative on Wattage....

adm

Postman
So, I am a new vaper.

I have the Aegis Squonk mod as my base mod.

I also have the Valyrian 2 mesh sub ohm tank, and the Vandy Vape Mesh V2 RDA.

I think I need another tank! I am swapping flavours too often while I try to dial in what I really like. I'd like another tank rather than another RDA just for the ease of use. With the RDA I feel the need to break it down and change wick when I want to try a new flavour - but with the Valyrian tank, I just wash it out, run some isopropyl alcohol through the coil and let it dry out.

In fairness, I have been trying different tobacco, cake and custard juices through the VV RDA, and mainly fruits through the Valyrian and it seems the heaver flavours in the RDA linger for longer and don't really mix as well as fruits.

I really like the Valyrian 2 mesh tank, in particular with the single mesh coil. It flows beautifully, has excellent taste and blows big clouds - although that isn't my top priority. The downside, is it likes 90+ Watts, and the Aegis uses a single 18650. It will happily put out 100W, but battery life isn't great used that way.

Conversely, using the Vandy Mesh V2 at around 55W, the battery life is pretty good.

So I think what I am looking for, is a mesh coil based tank that runs really well at around 50-60W or so.

What would you recommend?

I run the Freemax Mesh Pro Dual coils at 60 watts and it works nicely, the only real downside is that the fill port doesnt have a lock on it so it's not great out and about, because of this it's quite popular to get an Augvape Skynet Pro and then use the Freemax coils in it instead.

If I wanted to go lower than 60 watts I would probably pick up a Hellvape Hellbeast because its compatible with so many other coils and is very good as both a DTL and MTL tank.

*Surprised nobody replied to this, would have got on better in the General section I think mate.

i would be a bit careful with Isopropyl, that stuff is neurotoxic if I remember correctly . I been using it for ages with all my electronics and my hands haven't fell of ... yet .. and i keep it far from my vape stuff...

I run the Freemax Mesh Pro Dual coils at 60 watts and it works nicely, the only real downside is that the fill port doesnt have a lock on it so it's not great out and about, because of this it's quite popular to get an Augvape Skynet Pro and then use the Freemax coils in it instead.

If I wanted to go lower than 60 watts I would probably pick up a Hellvape Hellbeast because its compatible with so many other coils and is very good as both a DTL and MTL tank.

*Surprised nobody replied to this, would have got on better in the General section I think mate.

Thanks for that - I shall check it out.

I did order another RDA today though. Went for the Twisted Messes /Ohm Boy "Dang" RDA which I will use for squonking. I think I figured out that the more tanks/RDAs, the better. That way I can just swap through more juices with less cleaning. Doh!

One more tank though will be perfect!

i would be a bit careful with Isopropyl, that stuff is neurotoxic if I remember correctly . I been using it for ages with all my electronics and my hands haven't fell of ... yet .. and i keep it far from my vape stuff...

Things move fast around here......in my reading up on vaping and learning all I can, I have already stopped using the isopropyl! I found I got just as good a clean using hot water alone on the coils. I also have more coils now, so not as much need for them to dry out quickly. Now I am just washing stuff with hot water and leaving coils to dry on the radiator over night.

Freemax pro 2 with single coil will vape at 40 to 70W, however I find the triple coil better for flavour but this runs at 80 to 110W

Super late to the party here, my favorite subohm tank that I own is the Horizontech Falcon King, M1+ coils are my preference but your results may vary.
Only thing I have had an issue with is a small leaking issue, but if you unscrew the coils before screwing them in to avoid any cross threading, it's not really an issue.
The reason for the leaks are basically damage to the O-ring seal on the bottom of the coil, which obviously will allow the thing to leak slowly.

Back
Top Bottom