Vape Club
What's new

Temp Control and MTL

'temp protection' isn't an error, that just means temp limiting is taking place (ie temp control is working) ... you can turn off the message in escribe if you want. 'Temperature Protection Technology' is what evolv call TC.

1 ohm is very high for a TC coil, what wire are you using for that?

Vape Superstore
I use titanium, NIFE70 and SS430 wires for temperature control. Wires with high tcr value are much more successful. I don't like SS316L wire in TC mode. i only use it in watt mode.

An example with SS430.

SS430.jpg

'temp protection' isn't an error, that just means temp limiting is taking place (ie temp control is working) ... you can turn off the message in escribe if you want. 'Temperature Protection Technology' is what evolv call TC.

28g ss316L.

AcmeFog
switched tank on aegis. played with the wattage. seems to be working great now. no more error. probabaly needed to find the right power to ramp up for my temp setting.

The Electronic Cigarette Company

isn’t higher better? i think with ss at least that the fluctuation in resistance increases the higher the resistance is.

28g ss316L.
I find ss316L works best in TC at around 0.5 ohms or so. 1 ohm is probably a bit high, try making a coil with less wraps, say 6 or 7 instead of 8 or 9.

The thing with TC is you don't need as high a resistance for MTL as in wattage mode, as the TC will stop the coil getting too hot.

The TC can only react as fast as the heating or cooling properties of your coil allows, and 28g SS316L at 1 ohm has a medium high heat capacity, which means it heats and cools down a bit sluggishly. Your mod will be playing a little bit of catch-up, chasing that heat profile.

A couple of wraps less and your coil will heat and cool much quicker, meaning the TC will react quicker to the changes in resistance caused by the change in temperature.

Vape Green
tried tc on my dvarw and dna 75. .65 ohms, 30 watts at 280deg. good vape. im starting to enjoy tc.

do you guys leave preheat at escribe standard setting of 75w? if not, what wattage is your preheat?

Vape Club
Back
Top Bottom