What's new

Temp Control and MTL

Chipset sensitivity is the biggest factor in good TC, so imho

Dicodes > DNA > YiHi > JWEI > The Rest

None of these mods actually read temperature, what they do is sense changes in resistance and equate that to a temperature. This is why it's important to calibrate the mod to the atomiser at room temperature to set a baseline reading the chipset algorithm can extrapolate from, based on the TCR you select.

To try and achieve greatest success you need to understand resistive sensitivity, that is, the minimum lump of coil needed for the mod to be able to sense the resistance change, this varies by coil material type.

Historically Ni200 was used most as it has a very high TCR at 620 and so it's resistance changes quite readily as it has a current passed through it. Other popular coils are NiFe with a TCR around 320-500 depending on the supplier, Titanium, which has a TCR around 350 down to SS, which has a TCR around 92-105 for popular variants.

The downside of SS is it's low TCR in relation to the other mentioned wires and this is where resistive sensitivity comes in, it needs enough wraps to give the mod a chance to sense a resistance change.

TLDR: Have a go, it's fun to understand how the mod can control the vape based on your coil material.

Thanks for the info @John R it's on my todo list, been wanting to try TC for a while now so going to give it a go.

ive been told the expromizer v4 isnt a good tank for tc due to the fluctuations in ohms. keep getting errors on my dna, but works well on my aegis mods. should i be worried about using tc on the aegis?

Expromizer is fine in TC, dunno who told you it wasn't but they're flat out wrong.

ive been told the expromizer v4 isnt a good tank for tc due to the fluctuations in ohms. keep getting errors on my dna, but works well on my aegis mods. should i be worried about using tc on the aegis?

what errors are you getting on the DNA?

IMHO TC's endgame is to be plug and play with no user interference. Users either fuck it up or spend their lives tinkering with settings. It fails the KISS test spectacularly. The chip should do all the work; the mod, atty and coil prescribed to work in a fully integrated way.

Geeky rebuilders and mod tinkerers using open systems are wasting a lot of time on TC, at best acting as the consumer test bed in the development phase. Bottom line is it does nothing more than can be achieved using power settings. It does deliver a different vape experience, a flatter heat curve which is perceived to be more consistent, but TC was born to make vaping safer, not just to deliver a slightly different experience. In terms of effort, or faff, there's little bang for buck. So stop faffing, there are better things in life to spend your time on.

Once TC has become completely invisible, like your car's engine management system, it will have reached its true potential.

Back
Top Bottom