What's new

How To Converting 2ml to 4ml Freemax Autopod50

Miss Pepper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right then.

No doubt when people decide to buy the Autopod50 in the UK, they will quickly realise the 2ml pod capacity isn't really up to much and will hunt down the 4ml pod instead!

I know that was one of the things I did when ordering another Autopod50 following use of the one I won (review here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...review-freemax-autopod50.200027/#post-2296947 ).

Turns out where I ordered my third Autopod50 from a shop which advertises 4ml pods, they are only really the 2ml TPD pods (read every part of advertising and don't stop at the bit where it says 4ml).

However, it's not really a big deal as the inner part does come out to make it into the 4ml pod (could have saved myself 2 x £7.99!).

I spent hours looking online to try and find out how to do this, but I couldn't see anywhere. Thought it best to write something up for others to follow.

Carefully remove the base of the pod, you see little indentations / clips round the side, back and front. Slip something thin in at the bottom, near the indentation / clip, wiggle it about and it pops out. I only released two and it was enough with a careful wiggle to take the base off, the rubber seal between the base and the reducer fell out.

Next bit is slightly trickier, getting the clear reducer out; this is kept in position by the channels running all around the inside of the pod.

I tried tweezers and a thin screwdriver, to no avail. All I was doing was starting to damage the reducer, not a big deal as I didn't want it anyway, but I wasn't making any real headway with it.

Racking my brains as to what was at home and what would assist me in my quest, as the alternative was to break the reducer, I remembered I had a dental pick.

Carefully I fed it down the one long side, slowly twisted it to grip under it, gently pulled and there was visible movement of a mm or two.
Repeated the process the opposite side and the reducer popped out.

Discard the reducer and inner seal from the reducer, pop the base back on and make sure the little clips are all back in position and use as normal.

IMG_20201008_140857.jpg

As I now know what tool to use, it will take a minute or two to do my others, as and when required.

Special thank you for @iqon for leading me towards a thread where @Vapaneezer Scrooge was facing the same problem with a different set up!

Brilliant hack @Miss Pepper, I’ve looking at a 2ml PM80 and thinking of having a crack at that, the seam appears to be glued on it though.

This is how the Autopod50 looks. The give-away that it could possibly be opened was the clips around the outer edges and the unit not being a totally one piece sealed unit.

IMG_20201008_145757.jpg

How does that compare to yours @andyroo

I’ve just tried a thin blade between the black and clear part of the pod, warmed it with a hair dryer and no joy, there’s no clips or anything visible I reckon it’s glued.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1602166640.152557.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1602166676.443096.jpg

I’ve got a couple of 4ml pods anyway but there’s two 2ml pods sat here taunting me with the smelly silicone crap in, there no way in via the coil slot either.

Nothing visible at the bottom it looks seamless, the only join is between the black and clear bits of the pod, I reckon @andi52 is correct the only way to dismantle is to destroy it, waste of plastic 2ml shite.
You would think the idiots that concocted these rules would look back and see what a waste of time money and plastic it is, wonder how many kiddies lives have been saved by not getting any more than 2ml of juice down their neck.

Nothing visible at the bottom it looks seamless, the only join is between the black and clear bits of the pod, I reckon @andi52 is correct the only way to dismantle is to destroy it, waste of plastic 2ml shite.
You would think the idiots that concocted these rules would look back and see what a waste of time money and plastic it is, wonder how many kiddies lives have been saved by not getting any more than 2ml of juice down their neck.
Male bottom, female cap, super super glue, I hacksawed a pod for rba dry burning and coil tweaking use, the silicone plugs are massive and smell extremely toxic.

Back
Top Bottom