What's new

Not firing at low ohms

Personally, i wouldnt even bother with 18350s... Only high amps I know of, are 18650.

Big fan of the small mod though so dont fancy bigger batts,so looks like im upping my ohms.

I know people that drink Red wine by the gallon, give em a decent bottle of wine and they wont appreciate it. I have found vaping more a case of getting the best from the flavoured liquids with the right setup. When my mech turns up I have no plans on going sub ohm but just setting it up and pushing it as far as possible whilst keeping a happy balance of vapour and flavour, otherwise I might as well just put Camel shit in it and vape.

If you want to be a cloud monkey then you should investigate dual coils, you'll definitely need big ole batteries too, try getting in touch with torchy, he should be able to point you in the right direction there. But as other posters have said, big flavour and big clouds don't necessarily go together, see Todds review of the Atomic RDA, which is something you'll also likely need if you wish to disappear in clouds of vapour...

Please don't use 0.5ohm coils on batteries that aren't rated for at least a 10A current draw. Something somewhere will go bang if you keep doing that and you sure as hell don't want it to be next to your face when it happens.

A coil of 1.1ohms or there abouts will give you plenty enough clouds/flavour. Lower ohms = bigger clouds works up to a point. Lower ohms = a hotter coil so more liquid gets turned into vapour but there is only so much liquid that you can turn into vapour in one go.

Look into a dual 'micro coil' setup on a cotton wick. Make each of the two micro coils ~2ohms which will give you a total resistance of 1ohm and you'll be a veritable cumulonimbus. (and a lot safer)

Please don't use 0.5ohm coils on batteries that aren't rated for at least a 10A current draw. Something somewhere will go bang if you keep doing that and you sure as hell don't want it to be next to your face when it happens.

A coil of 1.1ohms or there abouts will give you plenty enough clouds/flavour. Lower ohms = bigger clouds works up to a point. Lower ohms = a hotter coil so more liquid gets turned into vapour but there is only so much liquid that you can turn into vapour in one go.

Look into a dual 'micro coil' setup on a cotton wick. Make each of the two micro coils ~2ohms which will give you a total resistance of 1ohm and you'll be a veritable cumulonimbus. (and a lot safer)
Wise words thanks:worship:

Another thing worth pointing out. If you really want to start sub ohm vaping you're going to want to lower your nic level quite considerably.

I use 0.8 to 0.9 ohms on my RSST on efest protected 18350 batts. I think thats about the limit. I also drilled out the air hole to 1.5 and it runs great. Proper cloud chasing would really need AW IMR batts or even higher amp and big air hole(s)

Back
Top Bottom