What's new

Disposing of 4S Lipo Battery

andipandi

Legend
Wasn't sure where to post this :hmm:

Anyway, I have a Turnigy 4S 2200mah ( Nominal voltage 14.8v) Lipo that is beyond recovery, it has discharged to a reading of 1.6volts, as read via a multi-meter. It's not swollen or out of shape, I know there are ways to attempt to recover it, see vid below - just a discussion point really. I'm not going to attempt that, I just need to dispose of it safely. Can I just bin / recycle bin it, as the voltage is so low?

Tape ends and take to recycling place. Or..........

I usually chuck mine in a bucket of salt water for a few weeks then bin. That advice have changed by now.

Tape ends and take to recycling place. Or..........

I usually chuck mine in a bucket of salt water for a few weeks then bin. That advice have changed by now.

I've read conflicting views about that one. I'll probably take it to Aldi later and bin it.

Better taking to a council tip as they usualy have large bins for old batterys unlike aldi's bins

I've still got it, I went to Aldi but it seemed dangerous to bin a lipo amongst all those other batteries (and people). I still don't know how it discharged down to that voltage, it's six months old but only been charged about 10 times, I'm a bit miffed tbh.

I've still got it, I went to Aldi but it seemed dangerous to bin a lipo amongst all those other batteries (and people). I still don't know how it discharged down to that voltage, it's six months old but only been charged about 10 times, I'm a bit miffed tbh.
In a bucket forget about it for a while..

Back
Top Bottom