What's new

Voopoo Argus GT Kit.

Frogprince

Achiever
I was lucky enough to win one of the Gleam competitions hosted by Heaven Gifts and was asked to share my thoughts on the Voopoo Argus GT kit.

VOOPOO-Argus-GT.jpg

First off instead of the usuall cardboard box packaging it comes in a sturdy plastic carry case with the Voopoo logo on the top and lined with removable sponge padding, usefull if you wanted to use it for other things.
The case itself is wrapped with a cardboard sleeve with a picture and name of the kit on the front while on the back there is the usuall contents list, mod colour, scratch security code etc.
Inside the case you will find the mod, tank, 2 coils, usb cable and user manual.

The first thing I noticed when taking the mod from the case was how light it is. (The internet says 140 grams)
The battery door is hinged and closes firmly, with + - battery orientation on the contacts.
The leather? finish combined with its light wieght makes it feel comfy in the hand. The zinc alloy metal part of the mod is matt black with a subtle gloss black paint splatter effect that looks like droplets of liquid when the light catches it, and yes I do keep trying to wipe it dry. On the side of the mod concealed under a rubber plug (to keep pocket lint in your pocket and out of your mod) there is a type c port for firmware updates, although the manual says it can be used for charging with the supplied usb cable I would always recomend charging batteries using a good external charger.
The look of the mod reminds me of interior of a sports car, think boy racer with the branding of the 'ARGUS' name down the spine.
When First switching the mod on it is in smart mode and adjusts power acording to wich pnp coil you are using and limits the wattage to the maximum recomended wattage for the coil, 3 clicks of the fire button switches to RBA mode where you can adjust the wattage upto the full 160w, 3 more clicks for temp control mode wich supports Nickel, Titanium and Stainless steel coils. pressing fire and + will lock all buttons including the fire button, and pressing fire and - buttons will clear the puff counter. Pressing all 3 buttons at the same time will display chip ID and a level code?

The PNP Pod Tank is in 2 sections. The top section made of PCTG is the same pod that the Drag s/x uses and is compatible with Voopoo PNP coils available in a range of resistances. Filling is quick and easy by lifting the rubber bung on the bottom of the pod and attaching to the bottom section with 3 strong magnets. The bottom section made of stainless steel is 24mm in diameter at the base and has 2 slots for adjustable airflow control with very grippy knurling on the airlow control ring and a 510 pin so you can use the pod on any mod or the Drag s/x.
I have been using the supplied 0.2ohm coil at 45w with the airlow fully open and getting good flavour and cloud production. Knowing the PNP coils are prone to seeping I checked and got a tiny bit of seeping while using, after leaving standing for around 12 hours there had been more seeping although it was a very hot day (30c) and my eliquid was like water due to the heat wich would have made any seeping alot worse.

Specs:
Argus GT Mod:
Dimensions: 132mm x 51mm x 26mm (Mod Only: 86mm x 51mm x 26mm)
Material: Leather + Zinc Alloy
Output Power: 5-160W
Output Voltage: 6.4-8.4V
Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0Ω
Requires Dual 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
VooPoo PnP Tank:
4.5ml E-Liquid Capacity (2ml TPD version)
Material: Stainless Steel + PCTG
Resistance: 0.2 Ohm (PnP-VM5) 0.15 Ohm (PnP-VM6)

Contents:
1 x VooPoo Argus GT Device
1 x VooPoo PnP Tank - 4.5ml (2ml TPD version)
1 x PnP-VM5 - 0.2 Ohm (40-60w)
1 x PnP-VM6 - 0.15 Ohm (60-80w)
1 x Type-C Cable
1 x Carry Case
1 x Warranty and User Manual

This is my first time writing a review so thank you for reading and thank you Heaven Gifts for hosting the competition and sending the Voopoo Argus GT Kit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom