What's new

Sub Ohm Augvape Intake Dual

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
In a welcome change from the plethora of pods and aios, from the kind folks over at @Sourcemore https://www.sourcemore.com/augvape-intake-dual-rta.html
the Intake dual rta from Augvape in collaboration with Mike Vapes, by no means the first project from him either, he’s on at least half a dozen by now and I have to say of all the reviewers items, his are the ones I’ve used the the most, from the initial intake single coil, rebirth rda & rta and so on. This isn't a new new release, a few months old anyway, an eternity in the vape industry
intakeinstaa.jpg

The Intake dual is a 26mm in diameter, 46mm tall, dual coil rta and is available in 4 colours black, ss, gunmetal & er rainbow, I assumed it was going be a dual coil version of the original intake but the only similarities are the overall aesthetic, the deck is completely different

Anyway

In the box you will get your rta with straight glass(4.2ml), bubble glass(5.8ml), spares pack with coils and cotton & coil cutting tool

Starting at the top, 810 tip, reminiscent of the ones that come with the rebirth, similar to the quarter turn caps, you just have to push it down and turn as its a tight fit & your standard kidney shaped fill ports
I1.jpg

As this is a top down to side airflow , the afc just under the top cap
I3.jpg

This is where the air comes into the deck
I2.jpg

The deck, as mentioned above its different from the og single coil intake as that one had top down to under coil airflow, this one comes down from the top and through those slots in the “posts” either side of the deck, which lock into the slots on the previous pic, also the postless style deck, which is pretty easy to build on if your coils are bang on the right width, it’s made a lot easier with the included leg cutting guide, so there’s no guess involved getting your coil in the right position with the airflow
I4.jpg
I5.jpg

Here’s my build, I went with some coilogy framed staples at 2.5 mm id and coming in at 0.1 , legs cut using the provided tool, these were slightly tricky to get in there as they were a little wider , but they went in fine really, it’s the airflow posts that hinder your install but not majorly
Ic1.jpg

should be able to see the bottom half of your coil
Ic2.jpg

The wicking, I say it all the time with rtas, it’s the most important part as you’ll either get leaking, but not on top airflow tanks, but you’d still get a flooded deck and a mouthful of molten juice, but a little less mess

At first glance I thought that the wicking channel and juice holes were on the small side but that isnt the case, the wicking channel is fairly deep and the most important part is to not overly stuff it tight and not all the way down, you want it just tucked in the top, you don’t want to see cotton through that juice hole, needs to be unobstructed so the juice can flow up through your cotton.
Iw1.jpg

As you can see , no wick visable in the juice flow hole/slot
Iw2.jpg

Just a quick mention I used the “cotn” laces I find that to be the simplest way of getting spot on thickness of wicking in a new rta, and if you do it right you can do both coils with a single lace

The overall aesthetic of the rta is rather simple, which I like the patterning or indentations on the top cap doesn’t provide adequate enough grip when trying to take of the cap, its exaggerated as it’s a very tight fit, will loosen up over time I would think and at least you won’t accidentally undo it if it’s in your pocket

Also holds plenty of liquid at nearly 6ml with the bubble so a plus there

Onto the main thing ,how does it vape, the off the intake dual is awesome imo, a nice dense flavourful vape, with super smooth airflow, one the smoothest airflows I’ve vaped with, and it does that without using the ol honeycomb style afc

It’s a top tier dual coil rta imo pretty easy to build and wick, plus the flavour is banging, coupled with super smooth airflow, and there is plenty of airflow to, but it can be dialed down a little, I’ve found it perfect wide open

Recommended from me, one of the best dual coil rtas I’ve personally used, its on available over at sourcemore https://www.sourcemore.com/augvape-intake-dual-rta.html, should be cheap now at a few places

Cheers for reading

Cheers for the review. The Intake was the tank I used before I discovered MTL. It was a great tank. The single coil version. At least with that, I didn't have to worry about seepage from the airflow. Hahaha. Interesting to read. Thanks.

I have had a few rta's since having this and I always go back to this, I then dropped it bad and it broke, wouldn't screw back together, so got another, in a different color, I now have a lovely rainbow and silver one (using bits of one and bits of the new one) and I just can't find a better replacement after all this time. Comparing this to any new one is tough as non compare! I recommend this to anyone wanting a good rta and noone is ever disappointed. Great review!
Only thing I have found after a year of having it is the allen screws are beginning to round off, I will hunt for the spare screws it came with. Amazing flavor, even compared to top voted rda's may I add!

I have had a few rta's since having this and I always go back to this, I then dropped it bad and it broke, wouldn't screw back together, so got another, in a different color, I now have a lovely rainbow and silver one (using bits of one and bits of the new one) and I just can't find a better replacement after all this time. Comparing this to any new one is tough as non compare! I recommend this to anyone wanting a good rta and noone is ever disappointed. Great review!
Only thing I have found after a year of having it is the allen screws are beginning to round off, I will hunt for the spare screws it came with. Amazing flavor, even compared to top voted rda's may I add!
Thats the one thing i will always appreciate about decks like the single intake, big ass philips screws.
I THINK on the augvape dual they are m2.5x3, or maybe m2x3, u can get em cheap at fastec or anywhere really, but good ss ones.

Good review. Ive actually managed to squeeze 2 3.5mm coils in mine, but it seemed to hit very strange, so maybe they had been touching.

Thats the one thing i will always appreciate about decks like the single intake, big ass philips screws.
I THINK on the augvape dual they are m2.5x3, or maybe m2x3, u can get em cheap at fastec or anywhere really, but good ss ones.

Good review. Ive actually managed to squeeze 2 3.5mm coils in mine, but it seemed to hit very strange, so maybe they had been touching.

Thank you so much!I will jump on fasttech now as I think I still have credit with them! Probably touching slightly, or perhaps a little high and shorted slightly? Maybe bring them down a touch and try again? 3mm wotofo dual core fused claptons at 0.3ohms is dam perfect for me! Fire bolt cotton is also my go to atm after having a dodgy cotton gods.

Thank you so much!I will jump on fasttech now as I think I still have credit with them! Probably touching slightly, or perhaps a little high and shorted slightly? Maybe bring them down a touch and try again? 3mm wotofo dual core fused claptons at 0.3ohms is dam perfect for me! Fire bolt cotton is also my go to atm after having a dodgy cotton gods.
Like i said tho, im not 100% sure. Theyve got to be either m2.5x3 or m2x3. Its been a while since ive looked at the deck but i dont ever remember any of mine ever having m3's or anything else bigger.

Please dont freak out at me if i am mistaken tho

Back
Top Bottom