Before

Peak flow: 400,400,390
Pulse: 86
Sats: 95%

After Vaping TW Raspberry Menthol Using Semovar SM3 & Kayfun 3.1

Peak flow: 400,420,410
Pulse: 85
Sats: 96%

Well another week, another reading. I've felt really odd this week, not Ill as such, more listless and well just Blehhch! I do know I've got another low level chest complaint again, I've suffered recurrent bronchitis since I was a child, breathing has been harder this week than in recent times as reflected in this weeks readings. I had reached 450 on peak flow, but today getting to the end of my lungs produced the tell tale bark that signals more bronchitis. Strangely enough I'm looking forward to this episode because at this time last year I could barely cover a few hundred yards carrying my 30lb tool case without getting out of breath. This year it seems to be just stairs that are harder work, and half of that is because I'm a huge fat git...:P

A while ago I made a rash promise to get my flows done. I finally did! Don't recall when I got my first reading done, but it was when I was smoking (pre February):
peak flow 420
sats 95
now at (last week)
peak flow 450
sats 97
Woohoo! Nurse fairly confident that these should improve further after weight loss as they are still low for my height and ideal weight. Also did the take a vape and blow, absolutely no difference.
On the down side the practise nurse was very poorly informed about ecigs, her defence being that they're not promoting them as part of the approved quit package. She was yet another who thought ecigs=cig-a-likes and was a little surprised to see my Vamo with Protank 2. I also probably went overboard in regaling her with my stories of failing to quit and how NRT is a big Pharma con. She is now re educated. ;)

A while ago I made a rash promise to get my flows done. I finally did! Don't recall when I got my first reading done, but it was when I was smoking (pre February):
peak flow 420
sats 95
now at (last week)
peak flow 450
sats 97
Woohoo! Nurse fairly confident that these should improve further after weight loss as they are still low for my height and ideal weight. Also did the take a vape and blow, absolutely no difference.
On the down side the practise nurse was very poorly informed about ecigs, her defence being that they're not promoting them as part of the approved quit package. She was yet another who thought ecigs=cig-a-likes and was a little surprised to see my Vamo with Protank 2. I also probably went overboard in regaling her with my stories of failing to quit and how NRT is a big Pharma con. She is now re educated. ;)

Is that re-educated as in brow beaten into submission...:lol1:

I can't give exact figures, because I can't remember, but when I was referred to the smoking counsellor for NRT my carbon monoxide output put me into the "smoker" category, though not "heavy smoker" - in fact I believe I was just on the borderline of "light smoker", more by luck than judgement, since I was a 20 a day girl. A couple of months on, having ignored the counsellor and gone the vaping route, I'm right at the bottom of the "non-smoker" range! Of course, I realise CO2 levels are one of the fastest things to recover and that I'll be clearing out tar and other crap for years to come, aaand of course that's comparing vaping to smoking, not vaping to not smoking OR vaping, but it's still encouraging. I've certainly noticed that my chronic cough has gone. Hacking up your lungs every morning at the age of 33 is probably not a good thing! Caveat: The second reading was taken by a different individual and on a different device.

Anyway, that was just a wee bit about my own empirical evidence that the switch to vaping is doing me a power of good, but I mainly wanted to say congratulations to Tubbyengineer and say what an interesting thread this is.

Another good post Tubbyengineer, would be very interesting to see how you get on this year compared to last year, i normally end up with a bat cold and ear infection, touch wood it hasn't happened (yet).
I am still waiting for an appointment with my doc, but i must admit, nearly 2 months on and i feel so much better.

On a separate note, the weight loss will come, although i find i am enjoying food alot more, and possibly (ok i am) eating too much!

Another good post @Tubbyengineer, would be very interesting to see how you get on this year compared to last year, i normally end up with a bat cold and ear infection, touch wood it hasn't happened (yet).
I am still waiting for an appointment with my doc, but i must admit, nearly 2 months on and i feel so much better.

On a separate note, the weight loss will come, although i find i am enjoying food alot more, and possibly (ok i am) eating too much!
Doofry - Weight loss I'll worry about after Xmas cause it's mince pies here I come...:drool: But all the signs look good for the breathing side this winter, very little effect so far tbh...

Back
Top Bottom