What's new

ELR

TheLiqidator

Achiever
Set an account up on ELR the other day and just getting round to putting in all the concentrates I have and having a proper look through the site and how it works.

Any tips for anything that might not jump out at me or who to follow etc?

Set an account up on ELR the other day and just getting round to putting in all the concentrates I have and having a proper look through the site and how it works.

Any tips for anything that might not jump out at me or who to follow etc?
Use the resources tab at the top of the page.
Useful function in a recipie to adjust total flavour percentages.
And join the forum you'll soon get to know who's who.

Use the resources tab at the top of the page.
Useful function in a recipie to adjust total flavour percentages.
And join the forum you'll soon get to know who's who.

Thanks, I've been on m off it for years but only really looking at the odd recipe. Always end up looking at too many and deciding thay a one shot is easier.

Thanks, I've been on m off it for years but only really looking at the odd recipe. Always end up looking at too many and deciding thay a one shot is easier.
Tbh the best way imo to use the site for recipies is pick older ones that are highly rated and just adjust the overall recipie percentages to suit todays kit as they're all too strong having been made for older kit that wasn't much cop.
SmokeyBlue has many many recipes and I'm pretty sure shes a comercial mixer but only uses FLV flavourings.
SessionDrummer is another great mixer and he's also on here but very rarely posts on here.
Englishguy gets a lot of praise for his recipes too so worth starting at those three.

I don't go on ELR that often but certainly EnglishGuy was really helpful to me with a lot of excellent advice. I started out by working out what my very favourite flavours were then putting them into the search box on ELR to find good recipes based on those flavours.

Mind you, the best mixer I know on here is @StrawberryRipple so no one better to get advice from.

If you're looking for recipes to copy then beware; 99% of what's on ELR is rubbish. You're much more likely to find a decent recipe on ATF. Same with things like average percentage used of flavours, just much more real world on ATF. For just about all other factors though, like useability and the recipe calculator, ELR wins it for me.

When I'm making a recipe and want a hint as to how much of something I should put in, for a new flavour say, I'll typically scan ATF for the info but input the flavourings in to the ELR calculator and save it there. Have my stash saved there as well which is another really useful tool.

Thanks, I'll do a it more looking in to it today. Had been doing it on my phone last night and gave up. I think it's probably going to be a site I'm better using on the computer.

The average flavour thing does sound good to me though. One of the juices I made that stopped me doing my own wans supposed to a copy of the Zapp lychee lemonade but I put way too much lychee in and it was disgusting.

When I was making them before I always made 100ml too but I think I'll look up a few recipes to try in smaller bottles then when I'm back in to the habit try some of my own again. I had a few that I had made I really liked so hopefully I'll stick with it this time.

ELR definitely better on the computer. I prefer it to ATF mostly 'cos of the extensive, though sometimes highly repetitive, flavour notes, and also because it doesn't come over as elitist and cliquey. The word 'genius' is all too frequently bandied about on ATF by what seems like a small group of self congratulatory back slappers. All the reviews - 5 stars! A work of unparalleled genius! Unless you don't know any of the gang, in which case your mix will be ignored. Just my opinion of course.
Sorry about that, I clearly have issues. Nevans on elr is a good one to follow, El vaperino is another Brit with very inventive (?) mixes and absurdly amusing pre recipe note shaggy dog stories. Alisa, JoJo also great and they all write excellent notes. There is a LOT of dross though.

ELR definitely better on the computer. I prefer it to ATF mostly 'cos of the extensive, though sometimes highly repetitive, flavour notes, and also because it doesn't come over as elitist and cliquey. The word 'genius' is all too frequently bandied about on ATF by what seems like a small group of self congratulatory back slappers. All the reviews - 5 stars! A work of unparalleled genius! Unless you don't know any of the gang, in which case your mix will be ignored. Just my opinion of course.
Sorry about that, I clearly have issues. Nevans on elr is a good one to follow, El vaperino is another Brit with very inventive (?) mixes and absurdly amusing pre recipe note shaggy dog stories. Alisa, JoJo also great and they all write excellent notes. There is a LOT of dross though.

Thanks never got round to doing it today, ended up doing a 12 hour shift instead of 8. That's made me decide that beer is needed. I'll get to it this week at some point, the ATF sounds like something I'll avoid then, I hate anything that's all about being positive. I'd rather people were just honest and said something was shite if it is in fact shite!

Back
Top Bottom