What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help finding a decent tank

Trust me, its not the tanks but the coilheads.

Trust me, I was referring to the coilheads.

I really only started figuring out there's a world of flavour out there with the Mesh Scion. The Streamlines tasted like a dull white noise and the Crios was an improvement to that..

But if you've great coilhead+tank to recommend, let's heat it! :57:

Trust me, I was referring to the coilheads.

I really only started figuring out there's a world of flavour out there with the Mesh Scion. The Streamlines tasted like a dull white noise and the Crios was an improvement to that..

But if you've great coilhead+tank to recommend, let's heat it! :57:

Right at this moment, from what I have, I can make a couple of recommendations. This is something totally subjective, Im not an expert and I dont want to pretend to be an expert. All the following lines are based on my own short experience and nothing more.

For the baby coil range, any of my actual compatible tanks (see my signature) performs terrific with:
-Geekvape: Super Mesh X1 @0.20
-Hellvape: H7-02 @0.15 & Supermesh @0.20
-Vaporesso: GT Mesh @0.18 & GT4 Dual Mesh @0.15
-Wotofo: Flow Pro @0.18
I find the overall vape experience so good with these, in pure DTL.
All of them works great at just 55/60w and VW-S mode.

Something more punchy in terms of flavour? The Uwell UN2 meshed coils in any Nunchaku version. The flavour out of those is outstanding.

However, my bets are high with what I´ve ordered recently but still to receive:
In one hand, the Advken Dark Mesh. Which is compatible with the Freemax M Pro / M Pro 2 coilheads among others. I ordered all available compatible coilheads (including the new SS904L ones) version from all manufacturers, so I can test and compare all of them. Just what I already did with the babies.
This will be a tank for home, for a more powered vape. Its reputation is there.

In the other hand, the Augvape Skynet which is compatible with the Horizontech Falcon and others. Off course, also purchased each and every compatible available coilheads from all manufacturers.
This will be another ADV, but I hope this will be a step ahead from the babies.

Please note that I dont see this as a competition, and I do not seek recognition or approval of anyone. I win nothing by convincing anyone.
Also the OP is already going for RTAs so... its quite pointless :D

Nonetheless, you made a question, you have an answer ;)

Hi there!

New user, but I've been vaping for about 10 years.

My mod is an Aegis Solo. Had a Cerberus with X1 mesh coils. Decent flavour, but it leaked. So I thought I could try another tank. I bought a Smok Mini V2 with A1 coils. Not as good flavour and the coils last only a couple of days... and it also leaks. So, my problem is that I can't find a decent tank. No leaks, good flavour and 40-60W coils that last. I do not fancy rebuildables.

Could you recommend such a tank please? I've read a lot of threads here and I'm really confused. That's why I thought I should ask.

Cheers!

@CFR if you grow tired of buying coils, I can give the down low on rebuilding on almost every SteamCrave tank.

@OzoreXS I am going to try an rta indeed. But I've also ordered a Freemax Fireluke 2 as a back-up. So, it's not pointless :)
@CFR if you grow tired of buying coils, I can give the down low on rebuilding on almost every SteamCrave tank.
Thanks SessionDrummer! I've already placed an order for an OFRF Gear. Read many positive reviews and it's beginner friendly.

Couple of questions. Could you guys recommend a good manufacturer of ready made coils for that rta? Does it make sense to buy from, let's say Wotofo, or it doesn't matter if I buy in bulk, quality-wise?

Afaik no one has bothered to counterfeit coils made from resistance wire, probably due to the fact resistance wire is possibly one of the the cheapest and readily available forms of wire :)

so imho a coil is a coil regardless of any post manufacture branding and marketing.

get the best deal you can inho.

if buying premade coils look at 2-2,5mm diameter 0.5 ohm coils, as its a versitile coil suitable for both single and dual sub ohm builds and big enough to wick easily..

if buying premade coils look at 2-2,5mm diameter 0.5 ohm coils, as its a versitile coil suitable for both single and dual sub ohm builds and big enough to wick easily..

I've been thinking of getting a 'mixed bag' like that too. Any preferred suppliers? :14::lovesign:

Trust me, its not the tanks but the coilheads.
The coilheads are the key with those. Just a few of them are superb in terms of flavour.
I tried pretty much all of them, and there are enormous differences; being the mesh ones, the best choice always (though, not all the meshes are good)

Ceramic :-)

@OzoreXS I am going to try an rta indeed. But I've also ordered a Freemax Fireluke 2 as a back-up. So, it's not pointless :)

Thanks SessionDrummer! I've already placed an order for an OFRF Gear. Read many positive reviews and it's beginner friendly.

Couple of questions. Could you guys recommend a good manufacturer of ready made coils for that rta? Does it make sense to buy from, let's say Wotofo, or it doesn't matter if I buy in bulk, quality-wise?

For generic coils on fastech xkfm seems to get a lot of good reviews, their stuff seems to be all 2.5 mm

mkws coils also seem to be well regarded and (at least the ones i have on order) are larger. Mine are supposedly 3 and 3.5. Im using single coil builds tho, so thats what i am looking for.

On avg, generic or name brand u get about 8-10 coils for $2-5 in the states (maybe a cpl dollars extra for really good name brand) , not sure what the price would be for u, but something fairly equivalent i assume.
If u are just getting single round wire u can usually get anywhere from 20-50 (or even 100) for the same price range.
My feeling is if u r paying $10 for 2 coils u r getting ripped off, but ive never used em, maybe they r really well balanced and no need to check for hot spots, i dunno, like i said, i stick to single coils.

As for cotton, ive been using cotton bacon v2 cause it was on a super sale, but absolutely nothing impressive or 'special' about it.
I do have a ton of shoelace cotton on its way (also from a super sale) but simply cause im hoping that it will make rewicking for me slightly more convenient, i dont expect anything special from the cotton itself.

Looks like I've been duped! I ordered my Gear RTA from Vapelink.co.uk and I've just found out that they're based in China, instead of the UK. Read many negative reviews. Well, only negative. Bummer!
I usually check online vendors; reviews, contact details, etc. I don't know how this has escaped my attention when I was placing my order.
Anyway, I paid through Paypal so I'll get a refund, eventually.

Back
Top Bottom