What's new

Does anyone use this wicking technique?

The dam wicking method, is that where the cotton sits on top of the juice ports, rather than in them? It's been recommended for mesh, so one can vape at a slightly higher wattage and get a warm vape.
In regard to the Steamcrave & Unity decks exactly that. Just enough cotton to dam the well & not flood & not touching the base. On the Unity you can trim the cotton in place just below the ring with thin tipped scissors. Works well for many tanks as it's less likely to swell & restrict the wicking.

In regard to the Steamcrave & Unity decks exactly that. Just enough cotton to dam the well & not flood & not touching the base. On the Unity you can trim the cotton in place just below the ring with thin tipped scissors. Works well for many tanks as it's less likely to swell & restrict the wicking.

Thank you mate :) Actually, I over raked the Titan mesh deck cotton, dammed the cotton and nearly dumped a tankful over my titan mod (ouch). So, less raking and more damming - getting there, no dry hits, no hotspots, mesh is amazing, although juice consumption is almost beyond comprehension.

Thank you mate :) Actually, I over raked the Titan mesh deck cotton, dammed the cotton and nearly dumped a tankful over my titan mod (ouch). So, less raking and more damming - getting there, no dry hits, no hotspots, mesh is amazing, although juice consumption is almost beyond comprehension.
Yes I find the raking fun :cool:. So used to keeping it thin for TC on the Supremes & that doesn't work using coils on the bigger tanks. The mesh isn't an issue though, being using Profiles since release so only adjustment was accounting for bigger wells & adapting the way I wick the Unity. For me it's the consistency of flavour with mesh, from one build to the next, but yep juice consumption is prolific :D

Yes I find the raking fun :cool:. So used to keeping it thin for TC on the Supremes & that doesn't work using coils on the bigger tanks. The mesh isn't an issue though, being using Profiles since release so only adjustment was accounting for bigger wells & adapting the way I wick the Unity. For me it's the consistency of flavour with mesh, from one build to the next, but yep juice consumption is prolific :D

Next mesh rta, I would like to try something non Steam Crave, however the Aromamizer Plus V2 RDTA calls loudly, does anything else measure up to S C gear? A birthday prezzie, I have 6 weeks to choose, maybe something new will hit the market, someone will surely want to cash in on the mesh craze, even further.

Next mesh rta, I would like to try something non Steam Crave, however the Aromamizer Plus V2 RDTA calls loudly, does anything else measure up to S C gear? A birthday prezzie, I have 6 weeks to choose, maybe something new will hit the market, someone will surely want to cash in on the mesh craze, even further.
The V2 advanced kit is great value with all the extensions etc. Arguably more customisable vape wise with reducers etc. Don't think the Supreme V3, reportedly with mesh deck, is due just yet, waiting on TPD clearance from Germany I believe (due to them allowing bigger tanks than 2ml). There's something new coming from Wotofo but don't think it's an updated Unity. I've tried most of the mesh RDA/RTAs & the Profiles & Steamcraves are IMO the ones to beat.

Back
Top Bottom