What's new

Why are majority if shortfills 70/30 (vg-pg)

aristorato

Postman
Hello, as per title, why are the majority of shortfills with a ratio of 70/30 and not very often 50/50. I have found many 10ml 50/50 liquids that I would like to buy in a shortfill version, however the same version of the 50/50 10ml very often comes in 70/30 and I don't understand the reason ;) sure enough I could just add some pg only nicotine to bring the Pg a bit more up but I simply would like to understand the reasons

Shortfills were designed at a time when higher VG liquids were more popular due to cloudier tanks being for a couple of years the only thing you could get on the market.

There are are more 50/50 shorties happening now with pod systems etc.

We have always done 50/50 shorties coz that what our main ranges are designed around

Last edited:
Sure, and I love you for your 50/50 range :) however it would be nice to find some fruity 50/50 shortfills. For example, I have tried the big mouth 70/30 range, and added 100pg in them, but I don't think that the result is the same. Shame :(

Sure, and I love you for your 50/50 range :) however it would be nice to find some fruity 50/50 shortfills. For example, I have tried the big mouth 70/30 range, and added 100pg in them, but I don't think that the result is the same. Shame :(
It is true that flavours tend (imo) to pop more at the VG / PG ratios they were designed at - there is a number of reasons for that - one of which is that VG and PG carry flavours differently (stronger tasting in PG as a rule) - so if you design something at 50/50 and then make it 70/30 it’s likely to loose a bit of flavour pop.

that said - I often vape prime vapes with a 50/50 or high PG Nic shot which brings it down closer to 50/50 and it works.

also our own base zero stuff is designed to go either way depending on what shot you use.
El diablo I’m reasonably sure do 50/50 fruity shortfills. And if not you could use a high Pg shot on them.

Last edited:
I have been on your website ages and never seen the base 0, which is exactly what I was looking for.... I must be blind! Many many thanks as usual, you can expect an order soon :)

I have been on your website ages and never seen the base 0, which is exactly what I was looking for.... I must be blind! Many many thanks as usual, you can expect an order soon :)
Awesome :)

Also this lets me know I need to make it more visible!

Hello, as per title, why are the majority of shortfills with a ratio of 70/30 and not very often 50/50. I have found many 10ml 50/50 liquids that I would like to buy in a shortfill version, however the same version of the 50/50 10ml very often comes in 70/30 and I don't understand the reason ;) sure enough I could just add some pg only nicotine to bring the Pg a bit more up but I simply would like to understand the reasons

as well as manabush there’s a line by Bord 02 which is 50/50 and has space for 2 nicotine shots, pretty good flavours as well. I think Valkyria has a line too, they’re both on vapeclub

(edit: manabush was autocorrected to nana bush, which isn’t something I’d personally vape)

as well as manabush there’s a line by Bord 02 which is 50/50 and has space for 2 nicotine shots, pretty good flavours as well. I think Valkyria has a line too, they’re both on vapeclub

(edit: manabush was autocorrected to nana bush, which isn’t something I’d personally vape)
interestingly .. depending on accent / language etc .. Nanabush is actually a correct word for Manabush

from wikipedia :

Mishaabooz name variations[edit]
Like the transcription variations found among "Nanabozho," often Mishaabooz is transcribed into French as Michabous and represented in English as Michabou. Additional name variations include:

"Winneboujou, Winabojo, Wenabozho, Wenaboozhoo, Waynaboozhoo, Wenebojo, Nanaboozhoo, Nanabojo, Nanabushu, Nanabush, Nanapush, Nenabush, Nenabozho, Nanabosho, Manabush, Manabozho, Manibozho, Nanahboozho, Minabozho, Manabus, Manibush, Manabozh, Manabozo, Manabozho, Manabusch, Manabush, Manabus, Menabosho, Nanaboojoo, Nanaboozhoo, Nanaboso, Nanabosho, Nenabuc, Amenapush, Ne-Naw-bo-zhoo, Kwi-wi-sens Nenaw-bo-zhoo [...] Michabo, Michabou, Michabous, Michaboo, Mishabo, Michabo, Misabos, Misabooz, Messou"

interestingly .. depending on accent / language etc .. Nanabush is actually a correct word for Manabush

from wikipedia :

Mishaabooz name variations[edit]
Like the transcription variations found among "Nanabozho," often Mishaabooz is transcribed into French as Michabous and represented in English as Michabou. Additional name variations include:

"Winneboujou, Winabojo, Wenabozho, Wenaboozhoo, Waynaboozhoo, Wenebojo, Nanaboozhoo, Nanabojo, Nanabushu, Nanabush, Nanapush, Nenabush, Nenabozho, Nanabosho, Manabush, Manabozho, Manibozho, Nanahboozho, Minabozho, Manabus, Manibush, Manabozh, Manabozo, Manabozho, Manabusch, Manabush, Manabus, Menabosho, Nanaboojoo, Nanaboozhoo, Nanaboso, Nanabosho, Nenabuc, Amenapush, Ne-Naw-bo-zhoo, Kwi-wi-sens Nenaw-bo-zhoo [...] Michabo, Michabou, Michabous, Michaboo, Mishabo, Michabo, Misabos, Misabooz, Messou"

haha, had no idea! Just glad you went with Manabush..

Back
Top Bottom