What's new

Taifun gt4 coil position

Dennis-vc

Postman
I'm having a little issue with my Taifun gt4. Bought it a few days ago and when it arrived I popped a 3mm id Ni80 fused clapton in at 0.43 ohms. But the flavour isn't quite there yet.
Can anyone tell me what the perfect coil position is? Should it be perfectly centered? I have mine like this and the top of the coil is at the same height as the posts.

Mount the legs on the upside, sit it down in the recess on your coil holdy pole. Bingo.

Thanks for your advice. I've seen people putting the coil in way higher than I thought was OK. Will definitely try your suggestion as well ;)

What's a good id for it? Looks like the deck can take 3.5 and 4mm coils without any problems

Thanks for your advice. I've seen people putting the coil in way higher than I thought was OK. Will definitely try your suggestion as well ;)

What's a good id for it? Looks like the deck can take 3.5 and 4mm coils without any problems
I use premade 3.5mm Claptons and have the cotton quite tightly packed, but then that suits the juice I use.

I’ve heard some people get issues with flooding. I’ve only had that once when I scrimped on the cotton. As I use heavy VG, I ensure the top of the wells are covered but don’t sink the wick into them.

Honestly, I find it a truly forgiving and easy to set up atty - which is why, as a lazy person, I use two of them almost exclusively.

I'm running 80VG and it just keeps wicking. I tried a few wicking methods so far (just to be sure that the muted flavour wasn't caused by too much cotton) and it's very forgiving indeed. Very consistent draw and flavour but the amount of flavour is a bit disappointing so far.
But it's the build quality and ease of use that surprised me the most!

Back
Top Bottom