What's new

Can you reduce water content of juice mixes?

Did you make the juice for yourself or the friend?......did it taste ok before your friend piped in with the water theory?....make it again the exact same....tell him there is no added water in it this time....I doubt he will notice

Well I now have 7 empty 150ml hdpe bottles to clean,,

thanks for the input, i dont fancy trail blaizing h2o removal from delicate vg/pg solutions so have binned em..

over the years of steeping retrying and resteeping they have filled the back room with a nice smell but have always disappointed on testing, recently a new pal and old hand at vaping had a taste and instantly recognised me 'flooding that juice with water' and also said in passing if you could get that out it might be nice.. so i thought i would ask ;) nowt lost ;)

I do remember tracking all over in search of pure and not just deionised water too BAH!

ps the comment rang true as even tho the amount would have been tiny i have never used water in any juices since, but i do tend to sticking to single flavour dilutions these days..

Well I now have 7 empty 150ml hdpe bottles to clean,,

thanks for the input, i dont fancy trail blaizing h2o removal from delicate vg/pg solutions so have binned em..

over the years of steeping retrying and resteeping they have filled the back room with a nice smell but have always disappointed on testing, recently a new pal and old hand at vaping had a taste and instantly recognised me 'flooding that juice with water' and also said in passing if you could get that out it might be nice.. so i thought i would ask ;) nowt lost ;)

I do remember tracking all over in search of pure and not just deionised water too BAH!

All you have done is weaken the flavour concentrate of the final mix and thinned out the vg by adding in extra water.....
If you want to add water add it directly to the vg before mixing with flavour concentrates...... I use this https://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product/100-ml-pure-lab-water/
Example 950ml of vg..... add 50ml of lab water, and that's you got 5% of water in there.
In the mixing calculator just input it as vg.

Cheers, the history of these juices is simply a little beginner over exuberance perhaps.. about 5 years ago i found a recipe i tested and liked from someone who had published a lot on another now defunct vape forum site (now on facebook i think). i then thought i would like all of their recommendations went mad bought loads of ingredients/flavours and mixed up loads and learnt an important lesson.. these are remnants from that, the attractive smell saving them and samplings increasing in length between ;) last week this chap smelled/asked and eventually tasted and commented .......

Now another victim of lock down clear out (its a SLOW process!)

why would you put any kind of water on e-liquid?
Excuse my ignorance; I dont know.

Do commercial e-liquids have water in the mix?

I think some do, some 70% VG liquids seem really thick (like the BUNKR liquids, way too thick to vape MTL) and others seem kind of watered down and thin .... I'd guess that's why.

as for the why, just that I guess.... make the liquid thinner and easier to wick without increasing PG content.

Distilled water can be used to thin some thick juices
Aqueous Glycerine contains water this is used in high VG mixes.

edit
Vodka can also be used

A lot of folk that are PG intolerant will mix using AVG (VG with 10% distilled water) and no PG. Because VG is thick, it doesnt saturate the wick very well. That's why it is thinned with distilled water to aid wick saturation.

A lot of folk that are PG intolerant will mix using AVG (VG with 10% distilled water) and no PG. Because VG is thick, it doesnt saturate the wick very well. That's why it is thinned with distilled water to aid wick saturation.

I just wish someone had an alternative to VG to thicken liquids, I really don't like the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom