What's new

Can you reduce water content of juice mixes?

fil

Postman
I have some diy mixes that a friend has advised has got too much water in it I did add 5%-10 .. there is a 'feature of these juices that we have ascribed to the water content, is this a dead end experiment or can the 200ml of juice be rescued?

I have considered heating but am unsure if water will escape below the vapour point of the VG or PG mix that dominates.

I could browse a bit longer but am particularly lazy in this heat so if its a resounding RTFM ok i shall get me coat..

thanks .

I don't put water in any of my mixes, what were to trying to achieve in the first place?

Just following recipies a LONG time ago so any notes are long gone along with 1/2 the labels on the bottles.

the drain is probably the best place for the juice but since a pal identified the water content as the overshadowing off feature If i could remove it i may have some nice if not imposible to recreate juice. or it still may suck ?

any safe insoluble extra anhydrous salts you can drop in and filter out for example? probably not but ?? filter through washed baked silicate based cat litter perhaps?
drop in one of those water absorbing gel crystals or orbies??

thing is they smell nice, very nice... but have a flavour feature i find hard to describe beyond i dont like it..

Just following recipies a LONG time ago so any notes are long gone along with 1/2 the labels on the bottles.

the drain is probably the best place for the juice but since a pal identified the water content as the overshadowing off feature If i could remove it i may have some nice if not imposible to recreate juice. or it still may suck ?

any safe insoluble extra anhydrous salts you can drop in and filter out for example? probably not but ?? filter through washed baked silicate based cat litter perhaps?
drop in one of those water absorbing gel crystals or orbies??

thing is they smell nice, very nice... but have a flavour feature i find hard to describe beyond i dont like it..

bin it, it sounds awful.

so does cat litter filtered e-liquid. :19:

Water is slightly lighter than PG even lighter still than VG.
Is it possible to remove it? Not sure but if it can be manipulated to seperate it then in theory it should be possible.
Freezing may do it because water will freeze at zero but the freezing point of PG and VG is much lower.
Lets say for example If you could get it to seperate and rise to the top with it being the lightest component of the juice then in theory a few days unlidded in a conventional fridge might have the potential to remove enough of the water for what you want.

After all that though I'd personally be inclined to bin it.

There is nothing wrong in having pure water or distilled water in the mix, especially if the mix is max vg. Until the OP tells us we wont know

You might be able to evaporate the water content by reduction (simmering), but I'm not sure what it will do to the flavour of the juice, or make another batch up and mix it together, all a bit messy really.

Back
Top Bottom