Vape Club
What's new

Mixing newbie

aristorato

Postman
Hello all,
I managed to get ahold of some nicotine shots purely PG. Trying various calculators around I managed to understand that in order to get a 50/50 60ml liquid from a shortfill, I would have to add 10ml of nicotine (100pg) to a 50ml shortfill (60/40 vg-pg). Up to here, provided the above is correct, I am fine.
However, some of my favourite shortfills only sell a 50/50 ratio, and adding a full nic shot would get me in the area of 42/58 vg-pg. My question is, could I add some unflavoured non-nicotine full vg liquid to this in order to get a stable 50/50? The mix would then be something like 48ml shortfill, 10ml Pg nicotine and 2ml vg, or something like that...

Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
It may sound obvious but to keep it at 50/50 you need to add 50/50, so either a 50/50 nicotine shot or half a VG nic shot and half a PG nic shot.... or 10ml 100% PG nicshot and 10ml of VG or vice versa.

You can add anything you like to get the ratio where you want it, but adding pure VG or PG will of course lower the overall nicotine content. To be honest it doesn't matter is it's a little off the 50/50 ratio, you probably won't notice. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between 55/45, 50/50 or 45/55 for example. I can hardly tell the difference between 50/50 and 60/40

I would have to add 10ml of nicotine (100pg) to a 50ml shortfill (40/60 vg-pg). Up to here, provided the above is correct, I am fine.

If you have 50ml of 40/60 vg-pg, then adding a 10ml PG nic shot is going to increase your PG percentage to nearer 70% :hmm:

AcmeFog
It may sound obvious but to keep it at 50/50 you need to add 50/50, so either a 50/50 nicotine shot or half a VG nic shot and half a PG nic shot.... or 10ml 100% PG nicshot and 10ml of VG or vice versa.

You can add anything you like to get the ratio where you want it, but adding pure VG or PG will of course lower the overall nicotine content. To be honest it doesn't matter is it's a little off the 50/50 ratio, you probably won't notice. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between 55/45, 50/50 or 45/55 for example. I can hardly tell the difference between 50/50 and 60/40
Thanks, if it does not matter I'll just go ahead. Soon enough I'll ask questions about concentrates as well ;)

Vape Club
Thanks, if it does not matter I'll just go ahead. Soon enough I'll ask questions about concentrates as well ;)

no it doesn't matter in that sense .... I did wonder as you used the words "order to get a stable 50/50" ... there's nothing 'unstable' about using a different blend of PG and VG. It's mostly personal taste and what is going to work in your set up.

VG adds 'thickness' (viscosity) makes denser vapour and feels smooth on the throat, while PG creates a lighter vapour and can feel a bit 'rough' on the throat to some people (especially if you inhale 'direct to lung') 50/50 is a pretty good balance of the two for most people who vape 'mouth to lung' but there's no rules in that regard, most modern kit can use a wide range of ratios.

Looks like you've come to a suitable resolve but if it were me id pick up some 100% vg nic shots and then you could add half a pg and half a vg nic shot.

Vape Green
You make a point, however I read that vg doesn't hold as long as pg when stored, otherwise I'd have bought it already. If you tell me that I can store it at least 2 months on my shelf I'll buy it today and I'd be happy ;)

You make a point, however I read that vg doesn't hold as long as pg when stored, otherwise I'd have bought it already. If you tell me that I can store it at least 2 months on my shelf I'll buy it today and I'd be happy ;)
Of course it will.
I don't buy shots but they should be good for two years on the shelf life date.
Put them in a fridge and they'll keep a lot longer and even better if you can put them in a freezer they'll last years.

Premier Ecigs
Of course it will.
I don't buy shots but they should be good for two years on the shelf life date.
Put them in a fridge and they'll keep a lot longer and even better if you can put them in a freezer they'll last years.
I buy nic in 100ml, this is why I wanted to know if it lasted long enough. Well then, looks like I'm going to buy some 100ml of vg nicotine. Thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom