What's new

Australia to ban nic imports (on hold) well done aussies

Bloody hell. Not good for them folk.
I really do find it so difficult to understand the reasoning behind said laws. What evidence do they have to justify implementing that. Surely the science speaks for itself.
If ur gonna ban nicotine, then do it across the board, patches, cigarettes etc.
Rsnt over lol

That's just ridiculous, make it so you cant vape but still smoke.

its a shame @Tazz isnt around anymore to hear how they are all coping on their side of the planet.
if anyone is in direct contact with him wish him stay safe and well from me.

Looking at the reasons behind the justification of their proposal highlights two factors.
1. Nic is a poisioness substance
2. Youth vaping.
Now in my simple understanding, drinking 10ml of 18mg nic is not exactly going to kill you. It takes a high dosage of nic to do that. Also if someone is stupid enough to drink it then it's their fault. Same as bleach etc.
Now again, surely it is a lot safer for a youth to take up vaping than to take up smoking. Is not smoking and vaping illegal under the age of 18 (might be 16) anyway.
Kids will be kids, we all tried smoking at that age but surely rather than getting addicted to cigarettes which is what happens, better for them to vape.
If these governments are really concerned about these factors THEN ban EVERYTHING.
Rant over again.

There aren't any words, and people still want to emigrate there, well, from the shite place in the sun type programmes my wife watches they do. The price of fags! and I think alcohol is rather expensive as well.

A lot being said here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/aussievapers/

Why is the government introducing this regulation?

The sale of e-cigarettes containing vaporiser nicotine (nicotine in a solution or in salt or base form) is already prohibited by law by each state and territory, because of public health concerns. This measure further strengthens Australia's precautionary approach to e-cigarettes, by prohibiting the importation of nicotine for use in e-cigarettes unless exempt under specific circumstances.

Evidence suggests that the use of e-cigarettes by non-smoking youths predicts future take up of smoking. In the USA, there was a 78% increase in the number of high school children who are vaping over the most recent 12-month period surveyed. Without action, Australian youth will also be at risk.

The Victorian Poisons Information Centre reported 41 cases of liquid nicotine poisonings in 2019, up from 21 in 2018. In July 2018, a Victorian toddler died from e-cigarette liquid nicotine consumption.

https://www.tga.gov.au/behind-news/prohibition-importing-e-cigarettes-containing-vaporiser-nicotine

Hope their protests are listen

Its not fair... regulate the vaping stuff sales FFS

Back
Top Bottom