What's new

Freemax AutoPod 50

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Everyone knows Freemax by now, most notably for their subtanks and more recently for being the masters of the mesh coil.
ap50I.jpg

There’s going to be plenty of reviews for this one, so I’m going to keep mine to a minimum, multiple opinions always helps if you’re deciding whether to purchase or not

A new one from Freemax a dtl pod/aio the AutoPod 5o. A 50w capable device with a 2000mah internal battery, which is charged via the welcomed usb c, coming in at a hand friendly 43.5mm x 24.5 x 94mm and weighing 150g

ap507.jpg

In your box you will get the device, a pod, 2 dual mesh coils, usb c and I believe a silicone sleeve (& manuals)

Up top then, then “pod”, with its built in drip tip
ap501.jpg

Filling is done by removing the blue silicone bung, and your coils are fitted just by pushing them in

ap502.jpg

Before installing or changing your coil dont forget to attach the coil airflow adjustment adaptor
ap503.jpg
ap504.jpg

Freemax are using a proprietary board, I think made by themselves, with a 50w output and according to them genuine buck/boost tech which allows the device to output your wattage all through the devices charge, another nice little feature is the ability to change the device’s cut off time to upto 15 seconds, you don’t often see that setting other than that it is a very simplistic board with the only other adjustable settings apart from your watts obviously, is the puff counter and locking the device
ap50g.jpg

Usb c charge port is located on the bottom of the device
ap506.jpg

Using the device and what I think, I’ll start with what I don’t like, I dont like the overall design of the pod (not the entire device) I hate in built drip tips, that’s a personal preference.

The airflow that comes in through, what is basically a gap at the front is somewhat easy to block with your hand and you have to remove the pod to adjust the airflow on your coil, my advice is to play around with the direction of the airflow on your coil, I’ve preferred it facing towards where the air comes in, to minimise change in the direction of the air

The fitment of my pod hasn’t been the best with it being easy to knock the pod with minimal pressure on the back of the pod

These are a pre release version so the pod fitting could be just a one off

Onto the good stuff, firstly the flavour is awesome on this, it’s like a mini subtank in pod form and freemax doesn’t disappoint with the first in pods, with their dual mesh coils combined with the tea fibre wicking material

The device part also does its job great the power does really seem to be there all the way through the charge, it’s only a 2000 mah battery, so if you using it alot you’ll blast through that rather quickly, however with the usbc charging you’ll be able to fully charge it in around 80mins even though usbc is capable at a lot faster charging speeds

Build quality is spot on as well (apart from my issues with the pod fitment) nice clicky buttons with what seems to be a nice lasting finish albeit being a bit of a finger print magnet, it’s a glossy shiny finish, kind of expected

If you want a mini subtank style vape, most definitely dtl, no whisps here, pocketable and flavourful, this might be one to consider

Cheers for reading and thanks @Freemaxtech for sending it over

Last edited:
nice review bud :)2 always good to see what other people think of a device , reckon the pod fitting is a one off bud i`ve had zero issues with my one at all

nice review bud :)2 always good to see what other people think of a device , reckon the pod fitting is a one off bud i`ve had zero issues with my one at all
Cheers
Yeah thought it might be a one off, for the pod at least , hope it isn't on the mods side

@WaitFor1t88 just had another look at your pics it looks like it fits snug in the pod are both the magnets on the pod there ?

Back
Top Bottom