What's new

Samsung 30q not suitable for vaping

shah654321

Does anyone know when samsung announced 30q batteries are not suitable for vaping?

Does anyone know when samsung announced 30q batteries are not suitable for vaping?
Ever since Samsung, Sony & LG wanted to distance themselves from vaping to avoid lawsuits. It's a standard disclaimer now that cells are only meant for their intended purpose ie torches & battery packs. They can still be used in mods but vendors have to state "not intended for vape use" or something similar. If in doubt use Molicells as they're the only manufacturer who state their cells are designed for use in mods/vape.
And welcome to the forum after joining 6 yrs ago ;):D

Ever since Samsung, Sony & LG wanted to distance themselves from vaping to avoid lawsuits. It's a standard disclaimer now that cells are only meant for their intended purpose ie torches & battery packs. They can still be used in mods but vendors have to state "not intended for vape use" or something similar. If in doubt use Molicells as they're the only manufacturer who state their cells are designed for use in mods/vape.
And welcome to the forum after joining 6 yrs ago ;):D

Lol thanks. Yeah been busy this covid19 has given me some time!
So the reason I'm asking is that I am a vendor and someone has open lawsuit against us. Back in 2018 someone bought these and and their vape exploded. Most likely user error but thats not the point of the claim. Samsung do say these are not suitable but I remember them announcing this in 2019 and before that these were one of the most commonly use cells. Im just trying to prove I sold these before samsung announced this but can't see anything online.

i have 30q's in all my DNA mods. just for the extra runtime, never had an issue. 30q has been tested by experts who agree it is able to push out 20 amps. Another thing you will notice is Mods, a lot have a warning to use 25 amp batteries. At a guess it is mainly for using at nearer the mods max wattage. Then we have mechs so the extra 5 amps 6amps for the molicells there is more leaway to build even lower than you can for 20 amp batteries remember the more lower your sub ohm build the more amps it will pull from the battery. lets push things up we now have 21700 batteries capable of 35 amps with a mech mod you can go even lower with your build than any 18650.
Not that i am advocating pushing things to the max, its just the reasons why this and that battery differ.

Lol thanks. Yeah been busy this covid19 has given me some time!
So the reason I'm asking is that I am a vendor and someone has open lawsuit against us. Back in 2018 someone bought these and and their vape exploded. Most likely user error but thats not the point of the claim. Samsung do say these are not suitable but I remember them announcing this in 2019 and before that these were one of the most commonly use cells. Im just trying to prove I sold these before samsung announced this but can't see anything online.
Last warning was late 2019 & vape shops & wholesalers recieved letters warning of legal action if Samsung cells were knowingly sold to vapers, basically cease & desist orders. If you're UK based try giving Ben at 18650 a pm & he may be able to expand more on this

@nwhornet is correct because I remember watching Mooch on YouTube announcing it and how it could stop vape shops from selling them due to liabilities, it was also on the Fogstar website blog.

Well they print not suitable for use in vape devices or something to that effect on the wraps now so shop wont be selling them unless they rewrap them.
Using a 30q at the moment that I bought not long after cease and desist letters went out and the last batteries I bought a couple of months ago were samsungs. While I can still buy them from reputable sellers Ill still use them.

Back
Top Bottom