What's new

Sub Ohm Widowmaker RTA by VandyVape

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Back again with something kindly sent over from Ella @Sourcemore the Widowmaker RTA by VandyVape
https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-widowmaker-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer.html
In collaboration with “El Mono Vapeador” , now I have to admit I haven’t got a clue who that is, reviews in Spanish is about as far as I got digging into that, but he has worked with vv before on the rda that shares the same name

Not going to go into detail about vv as they’re should be well known to most releasing an assortment of different products covering all the areas of the vaping market, with the pulse squonk mods, to kylin rtas, pod systems , the berserker line of rtas and even Bogan’s bonza stuff

insta widowmaker2.jpg

Onto the reason I’m writing this the Widowmaker rta,first released at the beginning of the year, a dual coil dtl , 25mm diameter rta , a whopping 55mm in height , that’s not a typo it’s a bloody tall one, this one is in ss but is available in a variety of the usual colour options, Quite a few moving parts and features on this one, so I best get into those
wido1.jpg

Up top is a quarter turn, top fill cap, that reveals a single kidney shaped fill hole
wido2.jpg

Tank and chimney section, the base of the chimney is where the juice flow holes are located
wido3.jpg

I’ll call this section the outer barrel, this is where the side airflow can be adjusted & changed using the other 2 included barrels
wido5.jpg
wido6.jpg

The “postless” deck, with more under coil airflow
wido9.jpg

The deck afc has holes the diffuse the flow into the slot underneath
wido7.jpg
wido8.jpg

Here’s my build, just a couple of coilology staple coils, now vv do include a coil leg in the pack, with a recommended 5mm leg length marked out, I’ve got the og coily so I used that instead. Coil legs cut, it’s just a case of dropping them in, tightening the screws and straightening them up, a nice and simple coil install.
wido10.jpg

Using some of the “cotn” laces to wick this, I found that 1 lace was just enough, you have a wicking channel where you’d expect to have your wicking holes, but not on this, as you may of gathered from the chimney pic, your juice comes straight down on top of your coil, so resting your cotton on top of that channel is perfectly fine as the juice isn’t coming up through it. It’s getting dropped on top, the thickness is more important, I found a little comb through is all I needed
wido11.jpg

Your added accessories, spares, bubble glass, afc rings , coil cutting tool
widoA.jpg wido12.jpg

Time for what I like and what I don’t, I’ll start with my negatives, the height, bloody hell it’s a tall one, surprised it doesn’t come with a bell and a hunchback, I’m not a fan of the “heatsink” fins at the top, they’re not needed in the slightest , should of removed those and made the top cap a little thicker, and slightly lengthened the space for your drip tip stem as most of my customs won’t fit and the included one is rather short, not usually a problem for me, but a short tip and those fins don’t go well together

Those are my only gripes with the rta, the build deck is a doddle to install coils & there’s plenty of room in there to put in what you like. Wicking it is also a breeze, especially using the lace style cotton , a little comb out and a tad off the top and you’re golden, I think it would be easier to get dry hits than to make this leak, I have had zero issues with leaking and it’s been wicking like a champ

The ever varied airflow options, you can change out the outer barrels for more of less air flow, I found the honeycomb style one to be the best as its the smoothest while still be able to adjust it down a little

I have to say how surprised I was with the build quality of this, definitely some top notch machining at this price point( a little pricier than most at this place in the market, around £40 in the UK), and it has to be with the features, everything seems to work how it’s designed to once all put together and on a mod, you just have to be a little mindful of which part of the tank you’re turning at first, as the top cap is quarter turn you won’t want to grab that to unscrew from your device for example, the juice flow control works well buy using the glass to turn it, the indent just below the glass being your point to go buy , clockwise open to the furthest marker on the right. Then the opposite when filling, and also a little bit of vg or juice on the orings of the outer barrel will help adjust things easier

All that but how does it vape, it vapes great and flavour is great airflow is smooth, you can pretty much have the airflow really quite restricted, using bottom only, side only or a combination, is it head and shoulders above everything else? , no. There’s definitely been a lot of work into the design, even if most of the things aren’t the first of there kind, and a great job on manufacturing. The major point is the adjustability, fussy with your airflow or can’t quite find that sweet spot, you’ll probably be able to dial it in with this

Cheers for reading,

If you’re wanting to grab one of these , sourcemore have given a promo code of “WIDO” to get it for under $30
https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-widowmaker-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer.html

Attachments

• wido4.jpg
    wido4.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 73
Nice review, might look into buying one of these. The size you mention does kind of put me off but the coiling and wicking looks easy enough which it always a plus. I need to think on this one. I gather it's DTL i don't think you mentioned or i have forgotten already.

Nice review, might look into buying one of these. The size you mention does kind of put me off but the coiling and wicking looks easy enough which it always a plus. I need to think on this one. I gather it's DTL i don't think you mentioned or i have forgotten already.

Yeah definitely DTL , can bedbe right back to restricted dtl and sure is a tall bugger plenty of other options about if the size puts you off, but they won't have the varied airflow options

@WaitFor1t88 Thanks for the reply, i will probably get one as it does look a nice build deck and as you say it looks like a bit of thought has gone into making it. My cash is tied up on other things but i will get one in the near future.

Nice review @WaitFor1t88 one of my favorite tanks for sure. It's an absolute beast!

With the juice flow, I just remember by twisting the top fill cap, if you're opening the cap to fill, you're closing off the juiceflow, to open it up, you're putting the cap back on

Nice review @WaitFor1t88 one of my favorite tanks for sure. It's an absolute beast!

With the juice flow, I just remember by twisting the top fill cap, if you're opening the cap to fill, you're closing off the juiceflow, to open it up, you're putting the cap back on

Cheers mate,
That's it , once you've used it a while, you don't have to think about it

Back
Top Bottom